Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
965be needs new hsf for overclocking, mobo is m4a78lt-m.

Looking to spend 50 bucks CAD or less, ideally would find something in a push/pull config.

Currently considering the Coolermaster hyper212+ or the Scythe SCMG-2100.

Need to know which secondary fan to purchase with it (plus clips/accessories)

Other suggestions are encouraged but the tower it will be going into is a Rosewill Smart One mid-atx.

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol i like ur avatar too.

I'd go for Hyper 212+. The Scythe Mugen 2 according to some have backplate mounting issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mounting issues arent a worry, i just don't know anything about aftermarket coolers. And being unable to find the proper specs on the stock cooler for the 965be, i have nothing to compare them with.

I don't even have my heart set on one or the other, i just can't justify spending much more than 50+shipping.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not worried about mounting them. Just don't feel like spending a crapload of money. I'm not looking to start another vs. thread, i just want suggestions for the best way to spend 50 bucks.

Though it would help if i could find specs on the stock cooler that came with the cpu.

(edit) and if i could figure out how to delete the double post i would lol

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
I have Hyper 212+ and couldn't be happier with it. Certainly the best bang for the bucks. So cheap yet it performs so well. Unlocked my CPU and overclocked and temps only went up a few degrees. Need video card so I can push further though.

Reason I got the 212+ is because of so many people saying the same thing. Comparison charts shows it too.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just got the 212's little brother, the TX3. Was worried the 212 wouldn't fit in my case, the TX3 fit with little more than an inch to spare, though I did have to remove the air intake tube thing from the panel. Dropped my idle temps from 38-40 to 27 on my 965BE.
It cost 19.99 on amazon and i bought another fan for around `10 bucks, and i got free shipping.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm after measuring my current pos case, the 212+ comes in at 6.24 inches. and the case width is 6.25 inches.... I think i'll wait until the new case arrives, thank god for free shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts