Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately 20 days ago I did become owner of a very well designed GTX 1060.
In order to use MSI Afterburner scanner, I were forced to get latest compatible NVIDIA driver build of 12- 2018.

Now I did completed all benching and testing and I have 100% awareness of specific hardware potentials.
I did uninstall all benchmarks and kept only MSI Afterburner with out stats OSD server installed.

Now all that I care for, this is to discover the lesser bloated NVIDIA driver, which focusing to deliver performance to Pascal GPU and the Battlefield V, which is my game of preference.
Last night I did install the latest NVIDIA driver, and I did notice significant performance decrease in comparison to driver of 12/2018.

I am now assuming that somewhere at 2019, NVIDIA started to focus at recent made GPU with out paying too much attention of how its new driver build, this will degrade performance of older chips, and did that in the name of a larger compatibility.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,260 Posts
The newest Nvidia driver will be the best one. If Nvidia were lowering performance of older cards via drivers, someone would have caught it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Steffek

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The newest Nvidia driver will be the best one. If Nvidia were lowering performance of older cards via drivers, someone would have caught it.
I would love to chat with this someone, whom missed to report the specific version of NVIDIA driver which this activates Raytracing (DXR), and of what FPS impact he did discover by comparing the older driver which this was not supporting Raytracing.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,260 Posts
I would love to chat with this someone, whom missed to report the specific version of NVIDIA driver which this activates Raytracing (DXR), and of what FPS impact he did discover by the use of previews driver which this was not supporting Raytracing.
Yea, again, if this was a thing it wouldn't be hard to find a report on it. There are so many people out there benchmarking just for the sake of it, trying to get views or whatever, that if there were evidence to support this it wouldn't be hard to find.

Why don't you google it yourself and post whatever info you find instead of relying on others to prove a suspicion you have for you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, again, if this was a thing it wouldn't be hard to find a report on it. There are so many people out there benchmarking just for the sake of it, trying to get views or whatever, that if there were evidence to support this it wouldn't be hard to find.

Why don't you google it yourself and post whatever info you find instead of relying on others to prove a suspicion you have for you.
I am not counting on suspicions, what neither Google has this is the complete database of NVIDIA drivers by date, and of what features NVIDIA activated specifically for the Pascal GPU, and when?

·
Graphics Junkie
3,260 Posts
I am not counting on suspicions, what neither Google has this is the complete database of NVIDIA drivers by date, and of what features NVIDIA activated specifically for the Pascal GPU, and when?
Good luck trying to find that info.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck trying to find that info.
Thanks, I am all ready collecting information's and test its one driver version.
Its painful and time consuming, but there is no other way at finding the truth.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I am very happy to be again at NVIDIA side regarding drivers, after performing in depth investigation, one of my finds this is an NVIDIA folder that some games store logs in it.
......NVIDIA Corporation\GfeSDK

Some games as is Battlefield V, which they do have direct access at NVIDIA driver and Add-on features (Ansel and or other), when they do not find them as activated (a specific NVIDIA Add-on) then they do generate an individual log file.
When there is such log creation activity at every game activation, the pile of logs it would become large.

I am currently keep Ansel disabled and NVIDIA Experience as not installed, for several good reasons.
Either way, manual cleaning of those logs this is safe to do. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts