Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided recently to upgrade my moniter for gaming but i am have trouble finding a good, under $400 moniter that is from about 20-30". does anyone have any suggestions for me?

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
I love my Samsung, and I picked it up for $250 at Best Buy - 2333SW. It's a beautiful display, 1920 X 1080, 5ms response time, and 20000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

They also make a version with a TV tuner built in and two HDMI inputs - 2333HD. I got one of those at Office Depot for $300. There's also a 24" version of both.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Well for 22 Inches, he could just get the acer or ASUS and save 100$

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Asus 25.5" VW266H

That's what I'm buying in the next few hours.
just curious, but how u gonna buy it if its on auto notify??

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
BenQ G2400WD, 24" LCD, $350

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

"Displays du Jour

* BenQ G2400WD, 24". TN display that outclasses the 245BW in every aspect, at least according to initial reports. Very good value for anyone who wants a cheap 24" gaming or general use/other panel. The default color accuracy is even good, so although photo editing certainly isn't the best use of a TN panel, it may not be out of the question with this LCD. $369.99 at Newegg."

(really good LCD guide as well as useful for BenQ G2400WD boosting. Updated 1/09.)

http://www.buy.com/prod/benq-g2400wd...207993608.html

Got mine a month ago, and I'm totally amazed, coming off of Dell 17" and a Sony 22" CRT. Absolutely no input lag/response time issues at all in brutally fast multiplayer like Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament 2, and looks amazing...I'm replaying Far Cry because it's so pretty. Haven't even tweaked the picture yet (besides setting the scale to 1:1).

I recommended buy.com because it's cheaper ($350) than Newegg, I think, and it's my understanding that Newegg has a more stringent return policy for LCDs. You should probably confirm that.

My two cents.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by graphicsman View Post
just curious, but how u gonna buy it if its on auto notify??
From a local Canadian dealer. www.extreme-pc.ca

With the current CDN to USD exchange rate, that probably works out to 25cents for you Americans.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Personally, I don't like the T2X0 Samsungs because of the red color and the lack of a wall / arm mount option. Specs on the new SW / HD series are identical or better, but the monitors are black and they have standard mounting options. Of course, that's a matter of personal preference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts