Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a few people with multiple gpus, asus mb and windows 8 enable ultra fast boot by disabling csm in the bios. (u will need a compatible vid card gtx 700 series or amd 7000 series)
be aware that your system might not boot and u will need to reset cmos.

if you disable csm and your system boot or fail to boot please report back.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I have to ask where is ultra fast boot but I do have fast boot enabled
tongue.gif

Disabling CSM caused a non boot for me but I have a feeling it is to do with the OS on SSD.
I had an F1 option to enable CSM in bios with an incompatibility hardware warning upon boot attempt.
All setting same in bios apart from OS SSD was now last in boot priority.

I have to ask what is the objective in this?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't an option to enable ultra fast boot but disabling CSM will enable full efi mode which is the same as ultra fast boot.

What I'm trying to find out from this is if there is a bug in asus bios what cause the system to not boot if you have multiple gpu in your system and disable CSM. also did you install windows using GPT or MBR Format.

I have no problem disabling CSM on an asrock extreme 4 gen 3 and a gigabyte z77x-ud3h.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0079 View Post

There isn't an option to enable ultra fast boot but disabling CSM will enable full efi mode which is the same as ultra fast boot.

What I'm trying to find out from this is if there is a bug in asus bios what cause the system to not boot if you have multiple gpu in your system and disable CSM. also did you install windows using GPT or MBR Format.

I have no problem disabling CSM on an asrock extreme 4 gen 3 and a gigabyte z77x-ud3h.
Ok I not familiar with this but would I have to disable CSM before installing Windows 8.1 if that's the case I didn't
I am pretty sure I installed as MBR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts