Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good software that tests the computer. Processor, memory, v-card, hd etc. I did use something a while back can't remember the name (something-magic). Tried searching for but no luck in finding it (if it still exists). So anyone have any info on any software thats good please post. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a laptop, having problems with the speed. Windows says its 788mhz and sometimes 1.5ghz. One software (cpu speed tester) says 794mhz and another software says 1.8ghz. Can't figure out whats wrong, tried in bios to see if i can modify the speed but no options for it. Suppose to be a Turion64 ml-40 2.2ghz. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hmm It appears that Multi is really low. I honestly dont know much about Turions but That would be my guess. The Vcore seems reallly low too. So Im guessing you cant change any of this stuff in your BIOS?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope , no options. Updated everything to. Seems like the speed keeps on changing.

Edit. Also in bios does says its a 2200 mhz. No option to change but i guess its reading it as a 2.2ghz.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Turion Laptop and you must have cool and quiet enabled because that simply drops the mhz so that the CPU is cooler and consumes less power. Only under load will that machine have its proper core speed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts