Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some new headphones, i have creative HS-900 and they are fantastic except the comfort after prolonged use and the noise cancellation is poor but the sound quality is fantastic. I am looking for headphones similar to the one i have but with better noise cancellation, i had an Altec Lansing headset a long time ago and i could barely hear myself talk and the audio was great from what i remember but i think there are some better headphones out now days with better noise cancellation and sound quality. Can you guys recommend some that are reasonably priced, somewhere under $70 or so and i want good noise cancellation like my altecs i don't want to hear myself talk lol and i want great sound quality with a good amount of bass. I tried out the Sennheiser HD 202 and i did not like them very much

Sorry for the life story so let me break it down to what i want
1. Excellent sound quality with a good amount of bass
2. Excellent noise cancellation, i don't want to hear myself talk
3. Leather padding, my creatives have suede padding and they make my ears very warm and i hate the dirt and fibers it holds onto.
4. Great comfort level, my creatives also hurt my left ear when i wear them for awhile.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Meti beat me to it, i was looking at the HD 201, and it was similar to the 202 except with less bass. I tried it out in the local tech store and I loved them (they were only 15 bucks)

However when I tried the JVC RX900, I instantly fell in love. The best part was that it was only 65 bucks. Amazon was cheaper but I needed it right away. Best headphones I have had

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doat
View Post

I will consider those very much, i don't like the idea of modding a new headset with a chance of screwing up but with that guide i don't think i will mess them up.

Can you provide a link to get the materials to do that mod?

Sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Deadener-Vibra...024862&sr=1-10

You could use that, or you could use "dynamat" which is essentially the same thing, but with a brand name.

It won't make too much difference.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doat
View Post

Thanks and can i order the other material online or is that only in stores like hobby lobby?

Ha, you can use anything. I heard someone made "acoustic stuffing" from an old pillow's stuffing once

Cotton balls would work fine, I think. HA-RX700s or HA-RX900s would be a perfect choice, +1 to meticadpa for stealing my suggestions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts