Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking about upgrading my system cooling. I have a nice heatsink and it does a good job with minor overclocking. I have never done a watercooled system and thought it might be intresting and fun at the same time. I have a big fear of water leaking out and hoses exploding. I can just see walking in from work to find my second love smoking and DEAD. So I was looking into some kits and well first thought is damn that is alot of money. So i started looking into making the kit. So I have a thermaltake element g cases. What kinda of setup can do I have to get for this cases. Do you think I would be better off spending the 200 plus bucks on like say a swiftech kits or a thermaltake kits.

·
Village Idiot
2,394 Posts
The XSPC kit is worlds better, but OOS
The kit you linked looks horrendous.

Thermaltake = awful

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Don't buy a kit if you're afraid of your loop leaking, as you still have to assemble, fill and bleed the loop anyways.

Honestly there is no difference in terms of setup between buying a kit and buying your components separately.

If you do everything correctly, you won't have a problem with leaks in your WC setup anyways. I'd just buy a custom parts and read a lot of guides on water cooling while you're waiting for the package to arrive.

If you're worried about compatibility I can make a parts list for you to ensure compatibility!

Pump
Reservoir/Pump Top
CPU Water Block
Radiator
Tubing - You'll want 8 feet worth
Fittings - you'll want 6 of these
Silver Kill Coil - This prevent algae infections

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Personally I would just save up until you can buy all of the parts at once. Otherwise you're going to be paying extra for multiple shipping orders.

IMO, much better to save up and do it right the first time then trying to buy cheap parts the first time and ending up spending more money upgrading when you're not satisfied later on.

·
Registered
789 Posts
how about this? but switch out the fans for some yate loons
LL

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reb. View Post
i like :d
the only reason I have the other fans in there is I selected the wrong ones and one of the parts is out of stock so I can't make a cart.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Can't find that radiator?

Edit: Where did you put that list together at? I want to buy that setup.
I think sidewinders but I will check and report back

·
Registered
789 Posts
never mind it was performance-pc's but I have a better build for less

this is from SVC.com
LL

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Gonna order that first thing in the morning... I have to order the block somewhere else though... It's out of stock at svc.... Where else can I order the block from??
performance-pc's has it but you will get killed in the shipping area

1 - 17 of 17 Posts