Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am looking at building my on liquid cooling system as my other options are the biwater series and i've seen the reviews on this site, not going there. My problem is though that i live in Australia and I can only seem to find pre-built kits, no-one seems to sell the individual parts for a custom job. Does anyone know of such a store in Australia or that ships to Aus?

Many thanks.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: iscariot

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there there is very good shop in USA http://www.performance-pcs.com i get some of my stuff from them and they ship to Australia since dolar is very good you should check it out and they service is very good you can track you order 2.They got a lot of stuff which you'll never find in Australia.I recently bought PSU from them Ultra X3 1600w and some fittings which i cant get here. For exmple that psu cost me deliverd for $380 and there is nothing in Australia to match that.Check it out
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Misso View Post
Hi all, I am looking at building my on liquid cooling system as my other options are the biwater series and i've seen the reviews on this site, not going there. My problem is though that i live in Australia and I can only seem to find pre-built kits, no-one seems to sell the individual parts for a custom job. Does anyone know of such a store in Australia or that ships to Aus?

Many thanks.
Hey, look for a couple bonnie heater cores. They should be relatively cheap and make great radiators. You should be able to find a good pump at a pet store (aquarium pumps work fine, just have to pay attention to the head and flow rate.) If you are comfortable working with your hands you can make shrouds for the heater cores. Tubing, clamps and barbs can be found in any hardware store. You should also be able to find 120x38 fans for use on the heater cores. A reservoir can be made with a fill/bleed port from a short piece of 1" to 2" pvc with caps on the ends. If you look around you might even find clear pipe to use for this.
The harder part would be the water block(s) - however I am sure that you will be able to find a decent cpu block and gpu block. Really those are the only 2 things you will need to buy pre-made. And if you have access to a machine shop you could even make your own blocks.
Good luck with the build

edit: this is from the stickies.... It is a very good read and shows how stuff that is 'diy' can look (as well as perform) just as good as a purpose built water cooling radiator.
http://www.overclock.net/faqs/118766...ce-shroud.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts