Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had multiple qck mousepads but they get inconsistent after a while. when I wash them it appears like the fabric is degenerating.

I would like to get a mousepad with fairly similar static and kinetic friction and no difference in the x/y axis.
would also be nice if it lasted long both in fraying and fairly consistent glide and easy to clean.
was thinking of getting one of those pads:

CoolerMaster Swift rx
Couger Speed 2
Zowie GTF-X (price is a little to high)
Mad Catz G.L.I.D.E.TE or Mad Catz GLIDE 6

some things to keep in mind: I have high humidity in my place, play only fps games (quake/overwatch) on both low and high sensitivities (between 17-40 cm/360) and it's important for me to be able to easily make small adjustments and fast flicks.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,885 Posts
I got a cheap Belkin one on Amazon just to try it out and it's been great. Was ~$6 shipped and figured it'd be garbo but it's by far my favorite I've tried.

Haven't tried washing it yet, though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I rather look at more popular models because people have more experience with them.
and the pad should be large (not XL) around 50x40 but not that important

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
DreamMachines L maybe? it seems a lot better than QcK in terms of not changing feel to me, X/Y feels very similar (although this appears to have a lot to do with mouse feet too).
it's quite fast and actually is quite picky with what mouse feet you use in general, it actually sucks with stock G403 wireless for me :p but is super nice with the wired using Hotline Games feet.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
DreamMachines L maybe? it seems a lot better than QcK in terms of not changing feel to me, X/Y feels very similar (although this appears to have a lot to do with mouse feet too).
it's quite fast and actually is quite picky with what mouse feet you use in general, it actually sucks with stock G403 wireless for me :p but is super nice with the wired using Hotline Games feet.
I'll actually second this. I don't have a lot of experience with different mousepads, but this is about the size of the QcK+, slightly cheaper, much faster, and much higher quality. Stitched edges, smooth surface.

I got it for $9 while DM had their free shipping offer, which has unfortunately expired.

I use a Nixeus Revel (which has a weird reputation for mediocre mousefeet) and it's flying on this pad.

The mousepads I've tried or owned, for reference:
Razer Goliathus
Steelseries QcK+
Corsair MM200 (medium)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'll 3rd the DM L! I got it for 9$ when they had the free shipping deal. It came in yesterday and I love it! I tried my GF's QCk Heavy for about a week and when I went back to a faster pad aka the DM L. I seem to prefer faster pads lol.

Forgot to add the quality of the pad is DAMN good! Especially for $9. I use it with my ZA12 stock feet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the DM L recommendations! but I'd like to know how it holds for a long period of time mostly with maintenance and consistent glide feel.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
had mine for 6 months, actually feels better after 1st month or so, and then it stays Great, so far - for me. it's a little on the rougher side out of box, but smoothens out, and doesn't feel any stickier/higher static friction, just smoother.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
had mine for 6 months, actually feels better after 1st month or so, and then it stays Great, so far - for me. it's a little on the rougher side out of box, but smoothens out, and doesn't feel any stickier/higher static friction, just smoother.
what is your experience with cleaning it?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I just rinse with warm water, and it feels like it did before cleaning it, just looks nicer :p not sure how picky you are with cleaning though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just rinse with warm water, and it feels like it did before cleaning it, just looks nicer :p not sure how picky you are with cleaning though.
as long as the feel doesn't really change I won't need to clean it, just wondering if it attracts dirt/dust and if it's easy to wipe or you need to actually wash it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Everyone needs a Raindrop in their lives.

·
Registered
118 Posts
After going through two QCK Heavys over several years I found myself in a similar position. I did some research and ultimately decided on picking up an Artisan Zero.

https://www.artisan-jp.com/fx-zero-eng.html

If cost isn't an issue I'd highly recommend picking up this pad. In two years of use it shows very little wear (outside of the portion of the pad where my arm rests due to friction/sweat etc..) As for performance it's quite similar to the QCK, perhaps a bit slower, but the build quality and the materials used are vastly superior.

Given your size preference you'd have to go with the new line of Artisan FX pads which have a new "XL" option as well as some new features like stitched edges and a grippier backing. As for thickness, if you're coming from a QCK Heavy I'd suggest going for the XSOFT or SOFT as they're the thickest options for the Zero. If you're used to the QCK+ thickness however, the MID would be more ideal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After going through two QCK Heavys over several years I found myself in a similar position. I did some research and ultimately decided on picking up an Artisan Zero.

https://www.artisan-jp.com/fx-zero-eng.html

If cost isn't an issue I'd highly recommend picking up this pad. In two years of use it shows very little wear (outside of the portion of the pad where my arm rests due to friction/sweat etc..) As for performance it's quite similar to the QCK, perhaps a bit slower, but the build quality and the materials used are vastly superior.

Given your size preference you'd have to go with the new line of Artisan FX pads which have a new "XL" option as well as some new features like stitched edges and a grippier backing. As for thickness, if you're coming from a QCK Heavy I'd suggest going for the XSOFT or SOFT as they're the thickest options for the Zero. If you're used to the QCK+ thickness however, the MID would be more ideal.
thanks for the suggestion but considering the high cost of the pads + shipping it's not really a possibility for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts