Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello OCN community,

I'm wondering if I can get some opinions on a certain CPU I'm looking to buy. A seller has presented me with a Delidded 3770k with the following specs:

OC stable 4.5GHz
1.275 ~ 1.3V *
30 degrees idle, 65 degrees stress testing

*he forgot exact voltage as he reduced it to 4.0Ghz shortly after finding his max acceptable OC with the above specs.

Would you guys say this is fairly decent? Or should I look into another processor? I'll be replacing my 2500k cpu with it and upgrading my video card to a GTX 970. Looking to upgrade on a small budget so I can't get a new 4790k + systemboard.

I've updated my systemboard to Asus BIOS 3501, so I believe I should be able to drop the cpu in and run with it without any problems. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post

I would keep 2500k and upgrade gpu, you cpu is fine for gaming, if you doing heavily multithreded things now then just buy a new 3770k $250 at microcenter
I'm canadian so no microcenter available. My 2500k isn't cutting it in multithreaded applications, hence the want to upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

What`s the price?
What mobo did he use?

What resolution do you have?
What games do you play?
$200 cad for the 3770k delid. No info was provided on what mobo he used. 1920*1080, fps streaming 720*60fps, 2500k is bottlenecked severely when using obs.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Maybe try to find a used but untouched cpu (not delidded), so you won't encounter any hidden issues that may come up. Also why would he find a stable overclock at 4.5GHz at under 1.3v, being delidded and all and then lower it to 4.0GHz. 1.275-1.3v isn't that high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts