Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new AMD mobo, looking at the ASUS A8N32-SLI. Any Comments or complaints about this board? What memory should I use? And one more thing I will be using an FX CPU

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
mines arriving on friday, and it will hold on opteron 146. I've read goodreviews about it.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrdawg

I am looking to buy a new AMD mobo, looking at the ASUS A8N32-SLI. Any Comments or complaints about this board? What memory should I use? And one more thing I will be using an FX CPU

Why are you looking at buying an SLI motherboard when you own an ATI videocard? Do you honestly see yourself buying 2 video cards before you leave socket 939 behind?

·
Registered
37 Posts
you will either have to use a seperate sound card or put up with some hard drive noise when at any volume above 50% or so. Other than that it is a nice board from my short experience with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What was the question about an ATI card?

And yes I an looking into Dual 7800GTX cards (SLI MODE)

I already have an FX-60, need a mobo that will let me utilize this CPU, and has the option of SATAII raid and the ability to upgrade if needed.
As for memory I will use the sticks that I already have, and will purchase extra in the near future.

Power Supply?

·
Registered
459 Posts
if you plan on going SLI with an A8N32, then be warned that you might be short on expansion slots. trying to fit a sound card between those 2 PCIE x16 slots can be troublesome. not to mention if you use other cards like a seperate NIC or TV tuner for example.

don't forget VGA coolers that take up slots since those 7800 stock fans are noisy.

Seasonic, Fortron, PC Power & Cooling, Antec are what i personally consider to be solid PSU. (not in any specific order) there are others out there, but i personally don't have any experience with them.

·
Premium Member
20,530 Posts
I love the board. Its rock solid and fast. Also, I fit my sound blaster audigy 2 zs in between two 7800gt's with zalman vf-700's on them with no issues (although nothing else would fit). I also have the asus A8n-sli premium and considered it the best I've owned (and I have had 2 DFI's) but the A8N32 blows it away.

Great choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts