Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I did a small build on mini pc but the motherbard has a 4pin that its smaller than a standard 4pin fan connector, even smaller than a GPU 4pin connector, more like a laptop connector, but loooking for some insight into whats the name of it, or a to find an adaptor toward a standard 4pin so i can connect a Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM.

Thanks for your time,
Circuit component Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Electronic component Font

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,472 Posts

Does this help?

My B550I (Mini ITX) board has a similar connector. Due to availability of space on the board, SYS_FAN2 header is a "mini" and the board includes an adapter. See the image below and notice how the red circle is smaller than the blue circle.

Rectangle Font Line Schematic Parallel
Gesture Font Data transfer cable Parallel Rectangle

I don't know the official name but I believe you'll need a product like the one I've linked.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Slaughtahouse,

Going to order the product you linked. Will get back at you if it worked.

Thanks again,

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,472 Posts
Thank you Slaughtahouse,

Going to order the product you linked. Will get back at you if it worked.

Thanks again,
No problem. I linked a GPU fan header cable but i’m not sure if that is a ubiquitous term for small fan headers. Or if they’re even standardized.

Do you have a manual for that motherboard?You might need to contact the manufacturer if it’s custom / unique to the board and you don’t have or lost the cable.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a manual for that motherboard? You might need to contact the manufacturer if it’s custom / unique to the board and you don’t have or lost the cable.
Sadly its not a motherboard like standard where you built on, this is more like All in one mini pc, no manual, but ill try to contact the seller to see if he can find out from the manufacturer.

No problem. I linked a GPU fan header cable but i’m not sure if that is a ubiquitous term for small fan headers. Or if they’re even standardized.
Upon further inspection, the connector is smaller than the mini GPU connector you linked, i think its a laptop fan connector, i was checking ebay/amazon for laptop cpu fans, and most of them use a very small connector that seems that it will fit.

• Rep+
Reactions: Slaughtahouse

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,472 Posts
I was thinking… if you have a spare GPU, disconnect the fan and see if the cable works but you’re probably correct in that it’s a laptop header.

Maybe someone else can jump in to confirm. Otherwise, keep us posted :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts