Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an ASUS X99-Deluxe with a 5820k overclocked to 4.5, 16 gigs Corsair 3000Mhz mem, and a 1080ti vid card.

I use my comp mainly for gaming. I came into about $4,000 and I haven't upgraded since 2014. I'm wondering what's the latest and greatest since I haven't really been keeping up since my last build. I'm looking for everything, case, cooling (custom water cooled), MB, ram, power supply, CPU, and storage. peripherals and monitor I'm already good with. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and +rep

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I currently have an ASUS X99-Deluxe with a 5820k overclocked to 4.5, 16 gigs Corsair 3000Mhz mem, and a 1080ti vid card.

I use my comp mainly for gaming. I came into about $4,000 and I haven't upgraded since 2014. I'm wondering what's the latest and greatest since I haven't really been keeping up since my last build. I'm looking for everything, case, cooling (custom water cooled), MB, ram, power supply, CPU, and storage. peripherals and monitor I'm already good with. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and +rep
Good news. You have no tangible benefit of upgrading. Go buy a better monitor. But if you really wanna spend money I have plenty of things to sell you at good prices.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hell just get a threadripper 64 core! or your just weaksauce. lol

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
Wait for I7 9900K and GTX1180. Absolutely no point to upgrade at this time and then get new tech in a few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts