Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I want to use dye in my loop with clear hosing, but I've never done it before and am a total noob. I know I want mayhem since whenever I do browse mayhem seems very helpful and honest and makes good products.

So I want to get some green dye, that is easy to do and that won't gunk up my stuff. Can anyone recommend a specific type, and do you put it in like food coloring or is there a special water to dye ratio? Also does it need to be changed often etc?

I will be ordering it from PPCS if they have it as well.

Thank you

BTW any green is fine, nothing to dark tho

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
The dye wont gunk up your blocks, its crap from your rads or plasticizer from tubing that does that. If you're getting stuff in your blocks try cleaning the rads with the blitz kit and make sure your tubing is plasticizer free. Primochill advanced or the new Mayhems tubing are probably the best options.
Just add the dye to whatever coolant you're using until you get the right color, I would recommend the x1 fluid it has the anti-corrosion and biocide already mixed in. If staining is a concern they have the new non staining dyes.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I have never had a problem with gunk before but I wanted to make sure. I think I will get the anti stain since I use distilled water and kill coil already.

Should I test the ph ever so often ? And if it is odd do I add something ?

ATM all I've ever used is primochill tubing and never had an issue. Great stuff for sure

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts