Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I can get an
ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING
Is this a good one to get, meaning great VRM design, memory, etc.... Going to be waterblocked (assuming a waterblock is made for this card) so can care less about the heatsink.. Looking for your opinions on this card. Thank you very much

·
Registered
780 Posts
One of the better ones you can get as far as the design/hardware used.
Now whether it will be a great overclocker will be solely based on luck/silicon lottery.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,403 Posts
Since you are going to wb it....they are all about the same as long as the pcb is supported for the block. Performance won't change in any noticeable way from one 3090 to another.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That one has three 8 pin connectors and a higher power limit so it's one of the ideal models for overclocking.

• Rep+
Reactions: Falkentyne

·
Facepalm
9,883 Posts
I think I can get an
Is this a good one to get, meaning great VRM design, memory, etc.... Going to be waterblocked (assuming a waterblock is made for this card) so can care less about the heatsink.. Looking for your opinions on this card. Thank you very much
How much are you getting it for? Good card. Shunt mod it with 5 mOhm stacked soldered shunts and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never mind i was to late and went OOS on me while in cart.. BASTARDS

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Nowadays you don't ask about GPU's "should I buy this brand / model X"...just buy and return if it's bad, or sell it with profit.

·
Invalid Media
3,893 Posts
I think I can get an
I might be partial since I have that one, but I love it. Even on air, it does quite well but as @sultanofswing just mentioned, there's always the lottery (hate that expression, but there's some variance for sure). Buildzoid's 3090 PCB reviews place the Galax and KPE in the top tier, and Strix as well (may be half a step down), ie. in this Galax HoF review...

EDIT: ...just saw your OOS update :(

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
What was the price?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Look at specs, datasheet and design.
I hated ASUS forver, but my last GPU purcahce R480 8gb ASUS strix, that was best VRM and specs avalible GPU in my next door PC.
I purchaced the ASUS.
ASUS GPU can't see any prolbems.
Felt good quality but limited OC because out of box already OC, OC expectations little to zero.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I think I can get an
Asus is one of the good ones. Waterblocks support is good too. Only issue is which company you want. If you want to continue using optimus (you had an optimuc cpu block if i remember correctly), your looking at 6-8weeks from release. However you know Optimus timeline and the ongoing supply shortage of fujipoly they mention. Aquacomputer has just came out with there with active backplate. EKWB and Barrows have one with watercooled backplates and interesting results

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,410 Posts
For the future, don't hesitate. Just purchase if it's at or near MSRP. If its not the best card or compatible with the blocks, sell and try again.

And for the record, all the Asus Strix for all Ampere cards have reviewed very well. It just comes at a very high cost in a normal world where MSRP is a thing.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
For the future, don't hesitate. Just purchase if it's at or near MSRP. If its not the best card or compatible with the blocks, sell and try again.

And for the record, all the Asus Strix for all Ampere cards have reviewed very well. It just comes at a very high cost in a normal world where MSRP is a thing.
Good advice. No real choice in current market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts