Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Linux Lobbyist
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm leaving for about 8 months to go to the desert, during this time my computer will be powered off in a storage unit. Whats the best way to keep my stuff from breaking down?

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
stagnant water sitting in a loop doesn't sound like a good idea. I'd drain it and clean everything out well.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
drain it, clean it. dont get lost fighting the good fight.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
send it to my house

·
Linux Lobbyist
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drain it it is. I'm thinking of using something we use on airplanes in the navy to help prevent corrosion, its a water displacing compound that forms a film on top of a component, its generic "CPC - corrosion preventative compound" it works good, and is completely removed with isopropyl in an instant leaving no residue... Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey what the heck since everyone else is saying it, drain it! (btw after the 4th person i think he got the idea.)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaero252 View Post
Drain it it is. I'm thinking of using something we use on airplanes in the navy to help prevent corrosion, its a water displacing compound that forms a film on top of a component, its generic "CPC - corrosion preventative compound" it works good, and is completely removed with isopropyl in an instant leaving no residue... Thanks for the advice

make sure you don't use any alcohol on any plexi if you have any in the loop, as it will shatter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts