Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can help, please do. I am just about ready to toss everything that I have for my home network in the trash and go out and buy a new *EVERYTHING*. Whenever I'm surfing the internet, it's fine for the most part. When I start up a game, sometimes 30, sometimes 10 hours later I will loose connection. When I try and reconnect to the SAME connection (My router), it says the wireless security key is incorrect. I'm so sick of this it's not even funny anymore. Both of the 2.4GHz, and 5GHz channels say this, and the only way I can even hope of reconnecting to the router for who knows how long is to manually unplug the router + modem, and replug everything back in. I have a Linksys WRT600N Router, and I'm currently using a Linksys WUSB600N-CA Wireless USB Adapter. Am I doing something wrong, or are Linksys products full of ****? Hell, my 30$ Netgear router worked better than this. What the hell is the problem? Our sucky ISP is Comcast, btw.
+Rep to any posts that help to solve the solution.

:swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had a problem like this on my laptop when i first set it up with vista, every time it disconnected i had to then i had the reset the network adapter. which was a pain, but it gave it up after about a week.

If you have to physically go down to your router and reset it, im considering maybe updating your firmware, if that doesn't work, then im not sure but i had an old wireless router and when it finally kicked the bucket, it started doing this right before it went for good. Not saying that your router is toast but, its just my experience

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just about ready to toss it, but it's hard to let go... I spent $200 on it + $80 on the USB hoping for the "Interrupted gameplay"

Haven't thought about updating the firmware though, thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipp
View Post

I'm just about ready to toss it, but it's hard to let go... I spent $200 on it + $80 on the USB hoping for the "Interrupted gameplay"

Haven't thought about updating the firmware though, thanks for the suggestion

No problem, whatever helps.

Perhaps you could somehow drop a cat5 or 6 line to your computer from your router if all else fails? This would give you uninterrupted game, and perhaps bring the value up a tad on your house if done right, i know when i look for a house ill be looking for allll in wall cat5 at least.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Slipp, IMO only I have heard that for the most part that USB is not really the way to go. I am set up with a linksys wrt54g v4 flashed with DD-WRT firmware and i'm using a pci linksys adapter and a D-LINK 7db 3rd party antenna. I was having so much trouble like you staying connected and this combo saved my life and never looked back. I just did one tweak in the router bios and upped my transmit power to i think 70/75 and i'm ALLWAYS 4/5 solid bars. I hope this will give you some ideas before you toss!!!

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Can you give us some more detail? Like what type of Wireless Security are you using?
What firmware?

I have a 350n and I havn't had any problems with it, so I am thinking that maybe something in the firmware or *RAM could be screwed up.

You could always switch to DD-WRT and see if that helps as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.