Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the thing. I used to have vista ultimate x64 and from time to time I used to lose Internet making me restart the computer to have it again. Now I installed win7 x64 and I keep losing Internet again but partly. IM chats works (gtalk) and also any downloading I was having and any online game like team fortress but no web browser or new opened application does work. What the heck is going on??
(no malware, no virus...check twice for them)

If I Ping www.google.com I get packets...

·
Registered
243 Posts
How old is your wireless card (assuming that you're not on a wired connection)? Before I replaced it, my old wireless card started screwing up for no apparent reason. It did all sorts of funky things such as sometimes not connecting at all, to only giving me partial connection similar to what you're experiencing. Maybe it was faulty drivers or just a bad card, but for whatever reason the card wasn't working properly, even on fresh installations of Windows....

Maybe try borrowing some else's wireless card to see if that fixes the problem?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible;14285919
How long does it last for? You not being able to browse the internet and such?
Answer to the second question: I can't browse, but I can play online TF2 (like i said on the first post)

It lasts for like...a lot of time? hehe...depends. Sometimes 10 mins, other times more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.