Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
uh you cant legaly anyways. buy cd's and rip them to alac thats the only leagal way

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NFF View Post
uh you cant legaly anyways. buy cd's and rip them to alac thats the only leagal way
Yeah. Doesn't itunes offer ALAC files or just only mp3? I never use iTunes so I wouldn't know.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oregonducks45 View Post
itunes uses the aac format 128kbps (standard) and 256kbps (plus) i believe
Whats the point of ALAC if you can't even download ALAC files in iTunes

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
You want to download files? Or you want an encoder? Files what the rest said. Encoder? Doesn't Itunes do that if you have the media already?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
db power amp will also encode to alac

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
itunes will rip your music with just ghetto 128 Kbps.. sadly I've done TONS of music that way, and now that I have good headphones. I can tell the difference. load a CD into itunes at 128, and again at 320 and you can tell the difference. I can at least.

Go into itunes. and when your ripping a CD to itunes they have a advanced tab where you can choose what to use. I set mine to custom, and I now rip all CD's to itunes in MP3, and at 320 Kbps. you can also choose itunes to rip in Apple Lossless audio. and it works on ipod's IIRC.

but for itunes I do it all in MP3 at 320

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
itunes will rip your music with just ghetto 128 Kbps.. sadly I've done TONS of music that way, and now that I have good headphones. I can tell the difference. load a CD into itunes at 128, and again at 320 and you can tell the difference. I can at least.

Go into itunes. and when your ripping a CD to itunes they have a advanced tab where you can choose what to use. I set mine to custom, and I now rip all CD's to itunes in MP3, and at 320 Kbps. you can also choose itunes to rip in Apple Lossless audio. and it works on ipod's IIRC.

And I rip all my music into iTunes in ALAC. This varies between 500-1200kbps depending on the song.

CD Quality.

I also use the ALAC decoder in foobar so I don't need to use iTunes to listen to my music.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post

Dahh!! Thanks for the input!

The poster is a major idiot!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts