Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I recently build my PC and didn't have a working Anti Virus, so basically I downloaded AVG and just used that. However, starting from wednesday, there was a point in which my computer started doing random things, like going into programs that I did not click and just basically not letting me take control. So I Shut it down and went into safe mode, and it kept doing that (frustrating). So then I shut it down once more and go into normal mode, and this time I had some control, and went to super anti spyware website, downloaded that program and it caught like almost 75 adware stuff roaming around my comp...now I'm wondering why AVG didn't catch that..?

So after all that, I started to do a performance monitor check on the windows command prompt (perfmon/report) and the thing that I get is, "41% of your data has been lost during data collection..) I think I should go to system restore and just go back to a point where nothing was lost but what are your advices?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Restore does recover some data. Like when I unstall a program then do a restore, the program will be there. But not sure if data like microsft word and such are affected through system restores

·
Registered
200 Posts
system restore won't get rid of your virus(personal exp) the best thing to do is try it and see if you can get your stuff back, put it on external HD and format

1 - 3 of 3 Posts