Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a salvation to this prob I'm having. It's causing one hell of a bit.
The prob is I 'lost' a few important folders within my HDD. The term "lost" doesn't mean that it is accidentally deleted but it just lost - out of sight. It still takes up space within the HDD but then I couldn't see it exist there. Nope it is NOT HIDDEN files. I've checked thoroughly and even doing several scans and defrags but god it isn't there. Anyone plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HELP ME.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badri
Does anyone know a salvation to this prob I'm having. It's causing one hell of a bit.
The prob is I 'lost' a few important folders within my HDD. The term "lost" doesn't mean that it is accidentally deleted but it just lost - out of sight. It still takes up space within the HDD but then I couldn't see it exist there. Nope it is NOT HIDDEN files. I've checked thoroughly and even doing several scans and defrags but god it isn't there. Anyone plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HELP ME.
This may sound stupid but have you tried using Windows "find files or folders"? to locate the files/folders.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I have unhidden or even search them. But even then it couldn't appear. WHY ... WHY
the only time it does appear is when I did un/compress the HDD. But even then it appears on the dialog box and NOT in the HDD.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
did you try recover my files???
Yes and no. As a matter of fact I did try it out. Recovering means that it recovers the deleted files ain't it? But to be precise my files were not even deleted in the first place. It doesn't even exist in the recovery list. How to cope it up? FORMATTING it? Well I have to say that's a very big risk.... for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts