Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a question. I lost my phone the other day but a few months back i was experiencing problems with reception and the tech guy insisted that it was a sim card related problem so they sent me new ones. I activated the new one and still had a problem. Anywho now that i lost the phone and i had it stopped for now is it possible to take my old sim card back put it in and have them activate that one back. Or is it when u lose a phone you cant use the same number again. Also im in a family plan so when they sent new sim cards my family got them too but since they didnt activate the new ones yet can i take one of their sim cards and have them assign a new number to it.
What im trying to say is i have 4 new sim cards with numbers assigned to it i think and not activate it. Can i use any of them and have a new number assigned.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I lost my phone a couple of years ago. I rang up my network and they sent me a new sim card with the same number. If it was me, I would ring the network and explain your situation. I think it would work if you put a sim card in, but I would just double check.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well I didn't have insurance but they offered it to me when I called them.. They might say you can use one of the sim cards. I suspect you could, I'd give them a call just in case.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah, basically I left my phone with my mum and she walked off. So my dad phoned them because he pays for it, and they offered him insurance then. I'm on orange so.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ur on orange? Imma call them up later tonight but i doubt after a yr they will let me get insurance and replace my phone lol. And even if they did it wont be for 5 dollars which they offered in the beginning

·
Registered
815 Posts
It could be. Sorry I live in the UK so obviously it could be different over here. I would just ring to make sure because they probably will offer you something.

·
Registered
96 Posts
different carrier, but, I've had to order a new sim card from att before and it was only $7 or $8 without insurance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts