Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought this game off steam the other day for $5.

Figured that if it really sucks i wouldn't be out that much. lol

But actually, it's been sort of fun, and walking/running thru powder snow oddly sounds and feels like the real thing. =)

Anyways, I get to this big worm and my god, it brings my system down to it's knees unlike any game i've played yet has.

I don't hit below 20fps, but it seems sort of like it. This is DX10 version of the game, of course. I should get some snapshots, you should see how detailed the big worm is.

Just haven't gotten past it yet. almost a couple of times. not sure if i'm supposed to kill it, or avoid it.

But all in all, the game is okay. Worth the $5 i paid, but not really worth much more I would think.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I'm not far past that massive worm thing. Gotta agree though, it does look good. Even on the DX9 version i play.

I only bought it because it was £3.50, and it kept me entertained for a good few hours. Doubt i'll ever finish it though.

What does bug me is the fact that it's geared toward xbox/controller play. But oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I'm with you there.. I actually had a very similar thing happen. I bought it for $5 bucks. and I was playing. I got past the huge green worm the first time. I got to the snow area where I was on my own. and I ran into some trouble.. then another WORM...... Boom. It didn't take my sig rig to it's knee's as my 260's in SLI get crazy high FPS.. but all of a sudden I get a dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddd

yup. it froze my PC.. I've played hours of Crysis, Crysis Warhead, COD4 and 5, 6 hours straight a few weeks ago of FC2.. with no freezes.. but that damn 2 year old game. that takes a 8600GTS to run it.. Took my machine out. I was like what the... are you serious, this game of all things took me down. LAME!.

haha. I might keep playing it. but I HATE how slow the guy runs.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyder View Post
bought this game off steam the other day for $5.

Figured that if it really sucks i wouldn't be out that much. lol

But actually, it's been sort of fun, and walking/running thru powder snow oddly sounds and feels like the real thing. =)

Anyways, I get to this big worm and my god, it brings my system down to it's knees unlike any game i've played yet has.

I don't hit below 20fps, but it seems sort of like it. This is DX10 version of the game, of course. I should get some snapshots, you should see how detailed the big worm is.

Just haven't gotten past it yet. almost a couple of times. not sure if i'm supposed to kill it, or avoid it.

But all in all, the game is okay. Worth the $5 i paid, but not really worth much more I would think.
Really? I can run it maxed out at 1920x1080 with 4xAA and it still runs pretty smoothly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts