Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, appreciate the help so far since this is my first WC'ing experience.

Anyway, I have a 750W Corsair power supply and I've been hooking everything up and I'm noticing I have a TON of extra cables that will never be used from this power supply and I'm building with a smaller case this time around so it's definitely more noticeable and is going to take away from the case and airflow with all these unseemly, unused cables tucked away everywhere. I was wondering if there was a mod or half-assed solution that I might be able to use to at least clean this up a tad? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Hide them behind the back panel of the case.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666 View Post
Hide them behind the back panel of the case.
Hah, I would - save that this box is small, with few openings and is acrylic so my attempts of hiding have been loads of fail so far.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Only thing I could suggest is go with a difference power supply - one that is fully modular perhaps like the silver stone strider or decasomething series; there are probably others but those are the ones I know of and allow to you use only the cables you need.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cutting off the extra wires is an option, but he will need to electric tape or something similiar to the ends of the cut wires. Having a live power supply and exposed wiring is a dangerous thing. So i highly doubt it will look pretty with the ends all taped. Getting a modular psu is probably the only way to go since you cant hide any wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts