Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so in my other thread I talked about my pc crashing during gaming. It seems to have quit doing that by upping the cpu voltage. Right now I am sitting at 4.2ghz with a 1.45v. Boots up, runs through 20 intelburn tests on max. My only question is about temps. Max core temp through the runs is 59 thats through both Coretemp, and HWmonitor. My question is that HWMonitor shows a max of 66 cpu temp. I have read so many conflicting answers as to what temp is max for the 1100T. Is it 62 core temp or cpu? And its the later, then what can I do to further reduce my temp? Just turn down the clock speed? 1.44 v will crash. So I think I am at my limit on voltage...at least with 4.2. Normal temps while gaming and doing normal stuff is mid to low 40's. Idle is around 32ish. And I had to turn the Antec cooler to FULL blast to get it at the posted temps during the intelburn tests.

That is with a 21x multiplier, 200bus. NB freq is at 2600, and HTlink is at 2000. I had my ram timings at 7-7-7-20, but was having occasional crashing in WoW. Turned them up to 8-8-8-24 and it seems to have quit. I haven't ran a prime95 test yet as I want to verify about my temps first. I believe the heatsink is mounted properly (even though it was my first try ever). I did use Arctic Silver.

Any ideas, suggestions, or feedback in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If your using ITB to stress the processor then id say that 6*C over the safe limit is fine just due to the fact that it will never get that hot with anything else you would ever do. out of all the stress tests ITB is by far the hottest running one.

so i would say that the max temp inder ITB is 70*C core temp and that would be safe for 24/7 use.

·
Straight Outta Commadore
2,728 Posts
My PHII x4 would hit 68-70C running IBT before I got my new HS. It isn't good for them, and will likely degrade after prolonged exposure to those temps, but low 60's should be OK if not folding or anything that runs non stop. Not sure which temp sensor HwMonitor is reading, but I always go by the individual core temps and not the motherboard sensor. If it doesn't show core#0, etc it is probably the external sensor and I wouldn't trust the accuracy of it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The temp was 59 over all 6 cores. 66 was the cpu temp per HWtemp. I am going to attempt to run prime95 and see what happens. Will report back tomorrow if my pc doesn't melt.

D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
25 mins in, BSOD. Said Clock interrupt not recieved on secondary core or something like that. Temps still hit around 64 CPU temp, and 49 Core temp (across all 6 cores) via, HWMonitor. That was with the Antec 920 maxxed out. 28 degree core temp as I type this. 41 degree CPU temp. Sooo....now what? More volts=more temps, thats bad. So do I throttle it back? Orrr....?

Anywho, off to bed.

D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihasfip
View Post

25 mins in, BSOD. Said Clock interrupt not recieved on secondary core or something like that. Temps still hit around 64 CPU temp, and 49 Core temp (across all 6 cores) via, HWMonitor. That was with the Antec 920 maxxed out. 28 degree core temp as I type this. 41 degree CPU temp. Sooo....now what? More volts=more temps, thats bad. So do I throttle it back? Orrr....?

Anywho, off to bed.

D

What are you original memory timmings?
Determine from a expert if that error is a memory error or a CPU error
You temps sound good.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock timings were 9-9-9-27...at 8-8-8-24 currently. And I don't really have anyone to interpret my dump files...if someone will tell me where to find them I will post them. Otherwise I am on my own. Lol

That 64° temp doesn't bother you?

Oh and btw, the 41° idle temp that hwmonitor reported conflicts with the cpu temp in the bios. Bios cpu temp was 47°…

D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Try a few more upward bumpings of RAM voltage.
1333 9-9-9 kits should never be expected to OC well but looks like in you case you may have a decent kit

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;14259244
Try a few more upward bumpings of RAM voltage.
1333 9-9-9 kits should never be expected to OC well but looks like in you case you may have a decent kit
Ok, I don't quite understand the whole RAM timings, so by bumping them up how much further would I go?

I just got done running prime, ran for a few hours with no issues. BUT, my multiplier keeps changing on its own, from 21 to 8.5. Bus is 200 (or whatever it is called). When I had it at like 19 and 210 or something it was doing the same thing. It would run for a few seconds then drop the multiplier, then back up. Is that because of voltage? I believe it is set at 1.46 right now, but according to HWmonitor it is jumping between 1.44 -1.56v. How do I keep it more stable?

Also during the last test 64 was max temp for cpu, 43 was lowest. Core temp highest was 51, and 30 was lowest, all based upon hwmonitors readings.

So basically what more can I do to keep the voltage stable? Do I need to turn off cool & quiet? Does that even effect it under full load?

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well since my last post I have had no crashes...lots of disconnects from my internet, when the pc next to mine isn't having trouble. Hmmm dunno. I am thinking its good though.

D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Kill Cool & Quiet, as well as C1E in your bios. Doing that alone will go a long way to helping out the minor stability problems (disconnects) you're experiencing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky 13 SpeedShop
View Post

Kill Cool & Quiet, as well as C1E in your bios. Doing that alone will go a long way to helping out the minor stability problems (disconnects) you're experiencing.

Ok, cool, I will try that.

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts