Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December I purchased a used Black Ice Extreme 240 with 2 25mm fan housing for shrouds, and 2x38mm Panaflow FBA12G12M fans.

They are LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. I like the performance, but it is incredibly loud. When I upgraded to core i5 I purchased a Lamptron FC-2, and the fans just don't scale well with the controller. They stay really loud until I turn the knobs almost all the way off, then they struggle to stay on, sometimes revving way down for a quick second. And I hear them rev down every so often real quick as if they lose power for a split second even while the fan controller is wide open. Something they didn't do prior to being plugged into the controller.

I need a couple of 120mm fans either 25mm or 38mm width that will maintain decent performance on my radiator but not give me a headache when sitting there.

Any suggestions on any alternative fans?

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
UltraKaze 800-1000 RPM fans - they're 120x38 but obviously push a lot less CFM but with a decent level of static pressure.

·
Banned
4,996 Posts
can't help with getting other fans but
you can put the pc farther away from you
or were headphones like i do helps a lot and my pc 2feet away from me and can't heir it
but i have 3 120mm 3500rpm fans in my radiator and it's not that loud but i have have a 7000 rpm 80mm sleeve bearing fan ones before now that was loud

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dfxvoodoo
View Post

can't help with getting other fans but
you can put the pc farther away from you
or were headphones like i do helps a lot and my pc 2feet away from me and can't heir it
but i have 3 120mm 3500rpm fans in my radiator and it's not that loud but i have have a 7000 rpm 80mm sleeve bearing fan ones before now that was loud

I have a logitech Z5300e 5.1 surround system for my computer, I really like using it. But these fans are just obnoxious, especially right now because they're in the living room. I am thinking a couple of gentle typhoons would be a good choice, I guess I need to go buy a bunch of shorter screws to fit the 25mm fans but it will be worth it so my rig doesn't drive me nuts while its on.

thanks for all the recommendations!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I am going with the Gentle Typhoons! I think I will order them tomorrow. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts