Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
i dunno I just might pick one of those up and go crossfire once my gto2 gets here!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
do you guys wanna be able to play al lthe new games in their full eye candyness ? your not going to see it "ALL" if you get these older cards, they are great prices, but the ydont have ps3.0 support which makes a huge ddifference.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Rofl except that your lovely 7800 GS will lose half of its frame rate when SM3.0 is enabled.

Frankly unless your getting a 7800 GTX++ (512 version, or SLI) then SM3.0 is going to be more of a problem then an improvment.

Sure it might look a little bit better but is it worth going from 60FPS to 30?

Cards at this price range are better off without having to disable SM3.0 in most of the games anyways.

·
Registered
42 Posts
While PCI-E Cards are rapidly dropping, AGP Cards remain expensive. I own a X850 Pro AGP that costed me around 240$ + ARTIC cooler 40$(Sweet bargain for an AGP CARD). But the Nvidia 7800 GT with SM3 PCI-E cards cost around 300$ at the Least. The X850 XT cost around 350$ (Last time I checked was 1 month ago) even with it's low SM2. Its amazing how PCI-E cards are so cheap that tempts people to buy a new PC.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CowBlazed

Rofl except that your lovely 7800 GS will lose half of its frame rate when SM3.0 is enabled.

Frankly unless your getting a 7800 GTX++ (512 version, or SLI) then SM3.0 is going to be more of a problem then an improvment.

Sure it might look a little bit better but is it worth going from 60FPS to 30?

Cards at this price range are better off without having to disable SM3.0 in most of the games anyways.

not really, when your getting a 25-30% OC out of it its more around from 60 to 45 fps ,which isn bad at all, considering i dont play games at 1600x1200 i dont notice that huge of a drop in fps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.