Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


Is something wrong? I see guys with scores of an excess of 5K. Lately I've been noticing a drop in frame rates in BC2. I think it has something to do with my CPU? I can't even get it stable at 3.4GHZ with 1.4V. I've been thinking of getting a 1090T? What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Seems like an appropriate score for your cpu/ram+single gpu. I wouldn't think too much of it though, if it plays your games fine then disregard the score. You'll get into benchmarking epeen buying fever which is dangerous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by 7ranslucen7
View Post

Seems like an appropriate score for your cpu/ram+single gpu. I wouldn't think too much of it though, if it plays your games fine then disregard the score. You'll get into benchmarking epeen buying fever which is dangerous.


This.....


But really, I had a 955 at 4.2 with a single 570 and was pulling 5800ish if I remember right. Went up to around 8900 after sli and then up to 11k when I went to the 2500k @4.8.

If you can't overclock much and need more fps in your games I would recommend something like the 955 for sheer cost effectiveness.

The X6 won't do much in gaming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by 7ranslucen7
View Post

Seems like an appropriate score for your cpu/ram+single gpu. I wouldn't think too much of it though, if it plays your games fine then disregard the score. You'll get into benchmarking epeen buying fever which is dangerous.


i was getting 80's i Oasis but now im getting 60's???? Low 40's when theres smoke
 

·
Laptop Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,347 Posts
The overclock is probably unstable. Go with the 955. Best deal out there at the moment. If it's a C3 stepping, it'll handle 4GHz no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by Imglidinhere
View Post

The overclock is probably unstable. Go with the 955. Best deal out there at the moment. If it's a C3 stepping, it'll handle 4GHz no problem.


You guys make me jealous T.T is something wrong with my computer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Flying Donkey
View Post

You guys make me jealous T.T is something wrong with my computer?

The max safe voltage for a AMD CPU is around 1.5 volts,so you can raise it and see if that helps.
Everything else in your system is great,just drop in a X4 955 or 965 BE.
A 1090T is awesome,but games don't even use all six cores,so a X4 will be just fine.
Btw,do you have the latest drivers for your GTX570?
 

·
 
Joined
·
13,020 Posts
OC the card to 850 atleast, then the 570 will Fly in 3Dmark 11 and games. Also a 4ghz OC on a Phenom II 955 isn't a given.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
Quote:


1333MHZ 9-9-9-24

Maayyybeeee this is it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nw0rb
View Post

no not at all lol just get a Sandybridge and all will be well

I just got this CHIV a week ago so it will be compatible with bulldozer. I'll see if I can sell my 4890's, if I can its probably a 955 for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Flying Donkey
View Post

I just got this CHIV a week ago so it will be compatible with bulldozer. I'll see if I can sell my 4890's, if I can its probably a 955 for me.

That hasn't been confirmed yet, but I hope it is as well cause I would like to purchase my CHIV Formula and bulldozer combination too
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top