Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is how my computers fans are. I just baught a new amd athlon xp 2400+ so i needed a new cpu fan because my old fan only went up to 1900+. So what i did was went to a near computer store and baught a Green Cooler for amd athlon xp up to 2.5 Ghz for about 20 bucks. The problem with this I have the k7vme barebone kit and there is very low clearance between the power supply and cpu fan because it is directly over it. My old fan was a little smaller than my new one but i mounted the new cpu fan to the cpu and the psu was directly over it. the fan spinned fine and everything its just that when i had it that close I found out that i was running at like 60c. so what i did was took down the powersupply and just let it sit at the bottom of the case. Then I took apart my old fan and mounted just the fan part to the back where the psu was. After this I put case back together and booted up and my cpu temp is around 50c idle! from what I know this aint to great for not being overclocked at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions such as witch way the fan i mounted to the psu spot should blow? I currntly have it blowing out air.

Please give me all the suggestions you have. by the way my psu is a crappy 350w

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujoe02

Ok this is how my computers fans are. I just baught a new amd athlon xp 2400+ so i needed a new cpu fan because my old fan only went up to 1900+. So what i did was went to a near computer store and baught a Green Cooler for amd athlon xp up to 2.5 Ghz for about 20 bucks. The problem with this I have the k7vme barebone kit and there is very low clearance between the power supply and cpu fan because it is directly over it. My old fan was a little smaller than my new one but i mounted the new cpu fan to the cpu and the psu was directly over it. the fan spinned fine and everything its just that when i had it that close I found out that i was running at like 60c. so what i did was took down the powersupply and just let it sit at the bottom of the case. Then I took apart my old fan and mounted just the fan part to the back where the psu was. After this I put case back together and booted up and my cpu temp is around 50c idle! from what I know this aint to great for not being overclocked at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions such as witch way the fan i mounted to the psu spot should blow? I currntly have it blowing out air.

Please give me all the suggestions you have. by the way my psu is a crappy 350w

i would suggest a new case...that one has "issues"....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think you are gona have to go w/ a new case.
that one is just way to small to do any thing properly. not to mention if someone bumps into it good one time there goes the PSU right into your mobo and components

you can pick up good roomy cases for under $50. tigerdirect has the cheiftec dragons for $26 right now. they are roomy w/ plenty of airflow and people seem to like em.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by busa190

i would suggest a new case...that one has "issues"....

That case has MAJOR issues... Time for an upgrade!

If you're on a really slim budget, any $30 case from Newegg is going to be better than what you've got now and will give you the room you're looking for.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

That case has MAJOR issues... Time for an upgrade!

If you're on a really slim budget, any $30 case from Newegg is going to be better than what you've got now and will give you the room you're looking for.

do these cases come with the power buttons and wires so all i need to do is mount it and plug in the wires to power it on?

also how will i know that my mobo will fit in the case right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts