Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new AMP/DAC to travel with. I currently have a Mayflower on my gaming rig and want something with similar quality of sound for travel and thus want it to be lower cost so I do not rick a bigger investment on the road. The headset I will be using is the first generation Sennheisser Game Zero which had a 150 ohm impedance, so I need something with a little power to it.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Not sure what to suggest myself, I have a Xonar U7 but I liked the SMSL M2 much more that I had... while it worked...
Whatever you do, do not buy the SMSL M2 atleast, they are very prone to issues and breaking down. A frickin fantastic AMP/DAC if it only worked though
frown.gif

The Xonar U7 is kinda, meh. No real volume control on the AMP itself, the volume button on it controls windows volume... And it doesn't do anywhere near as loud as the SMSL M2 did. Sure I can still break my ears probably but with the SMSL M2 I could put my AKG Q701 on the desk and max out the volume and hear it far away even. It just had way more power than this ASUS crap does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts