Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a low-end nvidia 200-series graphics card that has dual-DVI output and is completely bus-powered? (i.e. doesn't require additional power connectors).

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I think the GT200 series is like that but I am not sure.. Let me check really quick

It is cheaper to have a 9xxx series that also has a 2 DVI

No GT series has 2 DVI ports...

Have your pick of a 9800GT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...atedMark=False

More power than a GT240

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
what exactly is your budget? the 250 also has 2 DVI ports but it isnt exactly a low end chip. 240 also has two but like xeb has suggested is not as fast as the 9 series card

The 9800GT also has 2 DVI ports

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running a triple-monitor setup in my workstation, 3x DVI. And I'd personally like to unload one of the secondary monitors from my GTX275. Right now, I have a GTX275 and an 8400GS installed, using the 3 DVI ports I have.

Call it whatever you like, but I would like to be able to run my secondary 20" monitors on a dedicated secondary card. Just the way I am, lol. The secondary card doesn't need to be crazy powerful, hence the bus-powered requirement... the GTX275 sucks up enough juice already

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6
View Post

what exactly is your budget? the 250 also has 2 DVI ports but it isnt exactly a low end chip. 240 also has two but like xeb has suggested is not as fast as the 9 series card

The 9800GT also has 2 DVI ports

Thanks for the info. Budget is, well, 'low-end', lol. I'm not looking for a primary card - I have a GTX275 for that. I need, errr... want, a secondary card that's got dual DVI to power my 2x 20" secondary LCD monitors. Not going to be gaming on it. Dual-DVI and bus-powered are the key criteria.

I suppose I *could* shove a third video card in, but I as hoping to have 2 200-series graphics cards in place.... lol... the things I spend my money on...

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
The 9800GT will be perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts