Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I believe that i am getting low fps in cod4 and cod WaW. According to fraps i get about 91 as my max and it lowers abit from there when lots happening. Do these seem low to you? cause other people getting 150's-200's. What could be causing this? Even if i OC the card, doesnt change it at all.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
200's? lol they must have 3 280's or a couple 4870X2's. I get about 100 fps @ 1680 x 1050 res, all setting maxed with my 2 4850's. 91 is about right for 1 4870.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
If all the settings are maxed, that sounds about right. My single 9800gtx+ gets 60-70fps at 1680x1050 everything maxed.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Are your settings maxed? What resolution are you using? And to echo what's already been said; 91 is good. Assuming the settings are cranked, that is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How does one goes about maxing out the NVIDIA settings. I tried using NTUNE and my Lappy locked up. I have a Gateway P-811FX. My concern is that II get about 30 FPS on my Fav Game and I read here ppl getting 91 FPS's.

Ty

·
Registered
13 Posts
How does one goes about maxing out the NVIDIA settings. I tried using NTUNE and my Lappy locked up. I have a Gateway P-7811FX. My concern is that II get about 30 FPS on my Fav Game and I read here ppl getting 91 FPS's.

Ty

·
Still lurkin about :/
1,552 Posts
I have to agree with Timlander, I played maxed aswell and I get about 95-105 fps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cHIEFM View Post
I tried using NTUNE and my Lappy locked up.
cHIEFM, you wont get anywhere near this fps with a Laptop, this topic is about Desktop GPUs and not Laptop mobile GPUs.

PS. Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Turn off V-sync perhaps?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by br3nd064 View Post
If all the settings are maxed, that sounds about right. My single 9800gtx+ gets 60-70fps at 1680x1050 everything maxed.
He's at 1440x900 res I think
V-sync limits the FPS to ~60 I think. (Well at least it does on my monitor), so it can't be that.
I think it's about right. Those with 200+ fps probably have all the settings on low or something.

·
Registered
712 Posts
See my specs below, I only get an average of 50's but when gameplay is calm its about 70's in some instances I can se 100's but rare and when action the numbers turn red and as low as 30's. Does this sound ok? I have my set up on a large 56'' dlp and play at 1920x1080 with setting on the high end. Also, the fps always reads in two sections , for ex: 70 - 90, why is this? If my fps seem low , why and how could I raise the settings.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpep
View Post

See my specs below, I only get an average of 50's but when gameplay is calm its about 70's in some instances I can se 100's but rare and when action the numbers turn red and as low as 30's. Does this sound ok? I have my set up on a large 56'' dlp and play at 1920x1080 with setting on the high end. Also, the fps always reads in two sections , for ex: 70 - 90, why is this? If my fps seem low , why and how could I raise the settings.

Your fps sounds right. That CPU is the only thing really holding you back. Most suggest being at least 3GHz on the CPU to really open things up all the way. 2.2GHz would be a bit of a bottleneck. See if you can OC the CPU more if you want to gain some more performance.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can oc to 3.0 so I will attempt and see if tehre is a difference. The reason I am not overclocking was becasue I thouht it wouldnt kake a difference in other words I thought that I was usinf the 2.2 to its fullest potential but you are probrably right its probrably maxed out during gameplay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts