Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv had my Pressy rig running for a couple days now. I have the 530 which is a 3.0ghz. Im running it at ~3.2Ghz while keeping the same Vcore of 1.38. She is completely stable (cept for that DAMN video card!
) I have the stock fan running on the Qfan thing... i havent seen a temp over 45 yet. She idles at 34-36C and runs Counter Strike and Doom3 for over an hour with out hitting 45C. Im very happy with this cause i figured she was gonna run crazy hot like every one said. Are the high temps ppl associate with the Prescott only on the old socket cause mine is the 775. Perhaps i should mention i still havent closed the case so its pretty much room temp in there (about 65F... never more than 68F and could be as cold as 63F)

·
Registered
698 Posts
its probably a combination of the case being opened, and I believe, Intel somehow fixed some of the gate leakage which is what made the Pressy so hot in the first place. Also the Power Management Circutry should be better on the LGA775 boards.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

the pins are really fragil... i wouldnt try to do any serious cooling on a lga board... such as TEC setup or phasechange
you might damage pins trying to weather proof the socket

with the cpu in, i dont think you can damage the pins, as the socket closes around the cpu and pins. anandtech also said that throughout all of their reviews, cpu removals and installations, they have yet to bend or break a pin on an LGA socket

you wouldnt happen to know the stepping of you chip would you? the E0's should run cooler than the rest, and the D0s sometimes run abnomally cool.

also, try updating your bios, just to see if its a mobo issue

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

its probably a combination of the case being opened, and I believe, Intel somehow fixed some of the gate leakage which is what made the Pressy so hot in the first place. Also the Power Management Circutry should be better on the LGA775 boards.

Couldn't have said it any better....and what ^ akx said, too. LGA775 smooths out pretty much all the issues Prescott was having on s478. ....damn Intel for forcing their new core on old technology. :swearing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts