Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 670 FTWs running in SLI, I get 2216 for my score, which seems way too low. The res I run for it is 1920x1200. Anyone have any idea why I'm not closer into the 3000 range? And no, the cards are not OC'ed atm, one is a crap oc'er and doesn't want to go past the factory oc, the other went to 1359 easy. Tried asking for advice in the valley thread, but nobody there seems to notice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Give us a snap of your settings please, we'll need them to help you.

For somewhat of a comparison, here's my 680's SLI, all stock CPU, GPU, and Control Panel results:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,083 Posts
I think its because of your CPU.
 

·
2 Easy
Joined
·
3,493 Posts
I just DL the benchmark and did a quick run for you to compare -

So perhaps it is your cpu!

I am running a 3770K,670 FTW in SLI and everything is at factory speeds with no overclocks.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
that score makes it looks like your second card isn't doing a thing... you have both GPUs at 100% load?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think my Valley may be buggy? When I run at 1920x1080 all of the real time info as well as option/setting tabs appear off screen, and the run looks horrendous. When I run at 1920x1200 everything looks nice and appears where it should, I also get a higher score.
Valley also does not correctly display the gpus clock speeds.
 

·
2 Easy
Joined
·
3,493 Posts
Is 1920X1200 your native res ?

1920X1080 should be a tad smaller so i don't see why its pushing it off the screen.

And how are you comparing the clock speeds ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

Is 1920X1200 your native res ?

1920X1080 should be a tad smaller so i don't see why its pushing it off the screen.

And how are you comparing the clock speeds ?
Yes, I believe that is my native res. And for comparing the clocks, valley says the cards are running at 1293, when in fact they are not, which can be seen in precision x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post



Thems my settings

And if I run at 1920x1080, all the details that display at the top of the screen seem to appear off the screen for some reason, also it will look terrible
First off, I think Precision X V4 has a bug or two; I have issues with it too, but not yours. Try MSI Afterburner. Second, Valley is somewhat CPU sensitive, not a lot, but some. So, you may be CPU limited to some degree. And for some reason "Full Screen" isn't kicking in (probably biggest reason for low score). Monitor drivers or refresh rate??
The reason Precision X is showing low clocks is that the GPU throttles down when test is over.
You sure your monitor is 1920x1200 or is it really 1920x1080; check its specs.
Is SLI really turned on in Control Panel -- set all Manage 3D defaults too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OS-Wiz View Post

First off, I think Precision X V4 has a bug or two; I have issues with it too, but not yours. Try MSI Afterburner. Second, Valley is somewhat CPU sensitive, not a lot, but some. So, you may be CPU limited to some degree. And for some reason "Full Screen" isn't kicking in (probably biggest reason for low score). Monitor drivers or refresh rate??
The reason Precision X is showing low clocks is that the GPU throttles down when test is over.
You sure your monitor is 1920x1200 or is it really 1920x1080; check its specs.
Is SLI really turned on in Control Panel -- set all Manage 3D defaults too.
1920x1200 native http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T240HD-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001AYGDCE
I'll try after burner, or an older precision x.
I guess I could try drivers for my monitor, this is the only time it's been an issue though.
Sli is turned on, when disabled my score was 1589, enabled is close around to the 220 mark.
Cpu wise I should be fine since I see peoples scores with an i7 920 and sli 670s scoring in the 3600 range, I know my 1090t can certainly trade blows with the 920.
The lower clocks are not from after the test, they stay constant through the entire run.
Also my one card can't possibly do 1293 without crashing, hell I think the furthest I have gotten it was 1241, then it crashed several seconds after the test was over. My other card that I just received went to 1359 easily, prolly even higher with a bios mod.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

Yes, I believe that is my native res. And for comparing the clocks, valley says the cards are running at 1293, when in fact they are not, which can be seen in precision x
That's a known bug with Valley - it reports Kepler clock speeds wrong for some reason. Just go by what Precision/Afterburner reports.

It sounds like SLI isn't working in Valley - your score is about right for a single 670. Precision shows both cards with a load during the test? Have you tried Heaven to see what you get there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

That's a known bug with Valley - it reports Kepler clock speeds wrong for some reason. Just go by what Precision/Afterburner reports.

It sounds like SLI isn't working in Valley - your score is about right for a single 670.
Sli "works" to a point, only bumps my score up by about 600, which I know is not right. In crysis 3 I set everything to the max and stared forward in the first level at the very beginning to try to establish a baseline. For non sli I was getting 20 fps, with SLI 39-40.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,885 Posts
Which drivers?
 
1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Top