Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO...i just lowered my ram settings to 2.5-3-3-8 (i think people use a different order, but that's how my bios lists them...but you know what i mean) and i ran homeworld 2 (not as a benchmark or anything - i just like the game)...and it was CHOPPY. why was my performance so much worse than 2.5-4-4-8? weird. obviously there's sooomething here i don't get.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Are you sure your changed the right settings? In order, those operations are cas latency, ras to cas delay, ras precharge, and cycle time (tras). I know that in my motherboard, the settings definitely aren't in that order. A quick way of checking would just be to check cpu-z, it lists the timings in the right order.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Timings are a PITA!
Try 2.5-3-4-8 or 2.5-3-4-6, 2.5-4-3-6, 2.5-4-3-8 ... so many posibilities and then proving what works better. Oh... tightening them may require a T2 Command (CPC) for stability. T2 is a very small hit for better stability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T2! thanks, that helps lotso. at 2-4-4-8 programs were making random errors and shutting down.

btw, sorry about the double post...hit send and saw a typo, and i was hoping that send command hadn't quite sent yet.

annnnyhoo...more experimentation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts