Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion on the lowest pc specs needed in order to MAX out Starcraft 2 using this motherboard...

p5n32-e sli

socket LGA 775

Supported processors here

Graphics cards... uh.... whats needed?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Depends on the resolution. Starcraft 2 is mostly CPU intensive, and it only uses 2 threads... Something like a 5850 will max out the game at up to about 1680x1050. With my current CPU with the game at High, with all the CPU related settings down to low or off, my game will start out at about 70 FPS, but then by mid game drop down to about 20 FPS because my CPU can't keep up. The graphics card is basically idling at that point at 30-40% usage.

In Starcraft 2, High vs Maxed out does not make too much of a difference. I usually play at Mid-high though because the effects get in the way.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune;13157170
I don't know, but this game is not even worth playing with lowest settings... one day I switched to LOW and that made me want to delete the game.
Not worth playing? Do you play multiplayer? Because a big portion (mostly pros) play on low settings even with beast PCs. Some say preference from SC1, others say it's less distracting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts