Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest tRFC seen so far on a DDR4 kit?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Do you mean the spec or an overclocked setting?

tRFC greatly depends on volts.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either or. I have a DDR3 kit, 3x2GB, that can do a very low tRFC timing, then I have a 2 8GB sticks that will not go lower than 208 @ 1600 So I'm kinda curious if there is a correlation between the amount of RAM on the stick and the tRFC timing.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmember View Post

Either or. I have a DDR3 kit, 3x2GB, that can do a very low tRFC timing, then I have a 2 8GB sticks that will not go lower than 208 @ 1600 So I'm kinda curious if there is a correlation between the amount of RAM on the stick and the tRFC timing.
I think it's more related to which ICs are on the sticks. And trying to compare the tRFC spec and capabilities of ICs based on 2 GBs vs 8 GBs is kind of like tying to compare the gas mileage of cars that seat 4 vs cars that seat 7 - there's a lot more to it than just the car's seating capacity (ie GBs of memory)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

I think it's more related to which ICs are on the sticks. And trying to compare the tRFC spec and capabilities of ICs based on 2 GBs vs 8 GBs is kind of like tying to compare the gas mileage of cars that seat 4 vs cars that seat 7 - there's a lot more to it than just the car's seating capacity (ie GBs of memory)
Same rule applies to DDR4, correct?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
DDR, DDR2. DDR3, DDR4, DDR5.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts