Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Corsair H70 has some competition. I love Corsair and all, but the Antec Kuhler looks to be a more attractive unit lol.

I Wonder if Corsair is planning to release something new

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1590/1/

Quote:

Antec has been around for as long as I can remember; my very first custom system I built used an Antec case. Now Antec has thrown their hat into the cooling world and one of their first offerings was the Kuhler H20 620. Now they have released the Kuhler H20 920. The Kuhler H2O 920 has a thicker radiator, dual fans, and is adjusted via software Antec calls Chill Control. Now if the Kuhler H20 920 looks familiar to you’re not crazy. It’s a team effort between Antec and Asetek, just like the H50/H70 was for Corsair and Asetek, but this last year Corsair moved away from Asetek to went to another company called CoolIt Systems for their Hydro series water coolers.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
$120 msrp is outrageous though, that's only a few bucks less than a xspc rs240 kit lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven
View Post

$120 msrp is outrageous though, that's only a few bucks less than a xspc rs240 kit lol

Yeah, some people aren't familiar with custom water cooling kits though. I'm one of them. These self-contained kits will probably help a lot of people move onto custom water cooling.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Wow, awesome.

I think this will probably retire my Vendetta 2 pretty soon. That's gonna look fly in my mini P180, long live Antec!

I used to have a custom water loop (D5 + TDX + FCgpu + 120.2). This sort of a self-contained system seems like a small price to pay for the convenience for an enclosed loop, the great performance, and the data acquisition through the included software.

To not have to worry about leaks when going out to LANs, to not have to affix a rad to the outside of my case, that's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by killnine
View Post

Wow, awesome.

I think this will probably retire my Vendetta 2 pretty soon. That's gonna look fly in my mini P180, long live Antec!

I used to have a custom water loop (D5 + TDX + FCgpu + 120.2). This sort of a self-contained system seems like a small price to pay for the convenience for an enclosed loop, the great performance, and the data acquisition through the included software.

To not have to worry about leaks when going out to LANs, to not have to affix a rad to the outside of my case, that's definitely worth it.

I think that's why these units are getting pretty popular.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,347 Posts
Oh man... I want... MSRP is perfectly fine for me. ^^ I'll take one of those any day... I thought the 620 was amazing... this is godly.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven
View Post

Wasn't a H70 priced about or just under this much only a couple months ago too? Should be lower to at least match the H70's current price if Antec really wants to make a statement.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
As much as I love my 620, I almost wish I had waited for the 900 series.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
overpriced much? the sound on extreme mode sounded like a vacuum right next to your feet....maybe if it was $70....at 120 it is too close to custom loops.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jivenjune
View Post

As much as I love my 620, I almost wish I had waited for the 900 series.

Im not gonna regret it considering how loud the 920 is. Plus, the 620 unit is basically on par with high end air when using the same fan config.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imglidinhere
View Post

Oh man... I want... MSRP is perfectly fine for me. ^^ I'll take one of those any day... I thought the 620 was amazing... this is godly.

Might as well save up a few more bucks for the XSPC RS240.

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
It all because of the fan.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The person citing that people go to water cooling because of the noise is wrong now. Might be true in the past, but with smart fan control you can get good air coolers to perform well and be extremely quiet. You have to keep in mind that a lot of watercooling setups use fans on the radiators anyhow. My cooler master hyper 212+ with smart fan makes NO noise and spins at 750rpm. again, makes no noise. temps are very low (i'm on a phenom 2) and heat is of zero concern.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Good for small cases, but for this price I'd rather part together a kit that performs better. That's the problem with these kits, using one radiator over and over. Only way to stay competative is to get louder, which pulls alternatives to the table, like air coolers and kits with slower fans and larger dissipation.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy61;13106743
The person citing that people go to water cooling because of the noise is wrong now. Might be true in the past, but with smart fan control you can get good air coolers to perform well and be extremely quiet. You have to keep in mind that a lot of watercooling setups use fans on the radiators anyhow. My cooler master hyper 212+ with smart fan makes NO noise and spins at 750rpm. again, makes no noise. temps are very low (i'm on a phenom 2) and heat is of zero concern.
Same here,the fan is silent because Cooler Master uses a good fan on their Hyper 212+. It's the fan that makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89;13105845
I wonder why they didn't test the NH-D14, Archon, and Silver Arrow with this cooler...

Oh I know why. They'd all beat it while being quieter.
Not everyone wants to risk their motherboard with a huge & heavy cooler,not to mention they don't fit in some cases.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerd;13101178
Yeah, some people aren't familiar with custom water cooling kits though. I'm one of them. These self-contained kits will probably help a lot of people move onto custom water cooling.
Rasa kit is enough to get your foot into the WC door. No need to bother with these self contained kits anymore. If they had the rasa kit when I bought my H50 I would have went with the rasa kit.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts