Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a old m2nsli plus laying around as a backup rig and i was wondering if anyone has verified that a phenom 1st gen will work in it ? its not on the cpu support list Xd this dual core is killing me Xd

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
you have a old AM2 mobo

Heres what AMD said:

Quote:
AMD confirmed that AM2 processors will work on AM2+ motherboards and AM2+ processors will work on AM2 motherboards. However, the operation of AM2+ processors on AM2 motherboards will be limited to the specifications of Socket AM2 (1 GHz HyperTransport 2.0, and one power plane for both cores and the IMC). AM2 processors do not benefit from the faster HyperTransport 3.0 and separate power planes on AM2+ motherboards.
So yes, you should be good to go!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet so that means a phenom 9850 will work in a am2 mobo at full speed

EDIT. i dont really care aslong as its faster then this damn 64x2 lol and its only holding me off till my intel mobo gets rmad lol

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean11978 View Post
sweet so that means a phenom 9850 will work in a am2 mobo at full speed

EDIT. i dont really care aslong as its faster then this damn 64x2 lol and its only holding me off till my intel mobo gets rmad lol
not at full speed HT is capped, but It wont be too big of a deal. I dont think you will even notice the difference

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
my stepson's rig has an M2N-SLI Deluxe, AM2+ and we put a Phenom II 720 BE in it and it works like a charm. We updated the bios to latest and it works great. Great overclocking and with 8800GT SLI it scored 16,000+ 3dmark06:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=12606903

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts