Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its basically the same board but the crosshair 3 looks cooler and has more "enthusiast" features... i have both, im wondering which one i should use, anyone with experience know if 1 or the other handles overclocks better? i know it wouldnt be a big difference since they are about the same hardware wise but maybe that extra 50 mhz on one of the other? just wondering because i know the m4a79-t has more pcie slots and integrated sound
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
I had an Asus M4A79T deluxe. Easily my favorite board ever. However, I'd suggest you go with the crosshair. Even though the m4a79t may get you that extra 50mhz (it did for me), its not noticeable performance wise. The crosshair is a newer board with new features. Old tech hass got to go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOcelot View Post
I had an Asus M4A79T deluxe. Easily my favorite board ever. However, I'd suggest you go with the crosshair. Even though the m4a79t may get you that extra 50mhz (it did for me), its not noticeable performance wise. The crosshair is a newer board with new features. Old tech hass got to go

well i have used both but i didnt know too much about overclocking when i was using the m4a79t deluxe, and this is only the crosshair III so it has the same nb and sb... if anyone has a screenshot of the bios they could put up that would be nice, like the part you overclock with... depends on whether or not someone can prove to me that they got a better OC with the m4a79t deluxe than the crosshair III with the same exact cpu and RAM
 

·
Intel/Nvidia
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Why not go for Crosshair IV? Crosshair III is old now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisethe3 View Post
Why not go for Crosshair IV? Crosshair III is old now.

i have the 2 motherboards already, i am currently using the crosshair III, and have the m4a79t deluxe in a back-up pc, just wondering which i should use for my primary pc as to obtain a higher overclock
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,161 Posts
The reason I bought my M4A79T-deluxe about a year ago was the very fact the board had been around a while and it was a known overclocker,something yet to be discovered about the crosshair III. Now my retail store does not even carry the M4A79T-Deluxe anymore saying the board is too old. I needed a RMA about a month ago and had to do the whole thing through ASUS,no in store exchange possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
Dayum I read the topic wrong. If you are talking about the crosshair III with the two PCI-e slots? I had much more success with the M4A79T though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOcelot View Post
Dayum I read the topic wrong. If you are talking about the crosshair III with the two PCI-e slots? I had much more success with the M4A79T though.
lol exactly if it was the crosshair IV i wouldnt even ask
 

·
Intel/Nvidia
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Ahh...my bad. Didn't know this was already purchased. Well, honestly, you can't go wrong with either. I would say, go with what fits your need. Both are excellent and have very good OC capabilities. If you needed more PCI Ex for Crossfire, get the M4A, if not then stick with what you have now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twich12 View Post
i have the 2 motherboards already, i am currently using the crosshair III, and have the m4a79t deluxe in a back-up pc, just wondering which i should use for my primary pc as to obtain a higher overclock
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top