Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck on mobo choice for my next build. Here is what I'll be going with for everything else:

Antec Skeleton
GTX480
Corsair h70
1000W PSU (For future upgrades and such[rather have to much, etc.])
1090t (I'll try to O.C. to 4.0+)
A-Data XPG 1600 Gaming series 8GB (2x4gb)
Mushkin Callisto 60GB SSD (For OS)
4x1TB Spinpoint F3s in Raid 10 (For storage)

I don't know if the 100+ extra dollars would make the Crosshair IV worth it. I'm an Nvidia fanboy and Since I can't SLI anyway, the micro-ATX board seems like it's a better choice as far as no wasted PCI-e.

Both support RAID and everything else, I'm just not sure if SLI (maybe with hack?) is worth the extra money, when I can easily just get the next Nvidia single card solution or even the MARS II to be in one slot.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Why not get the GTD version instead of the TD for that Asus board?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
i will never regret my CHIV . go for it and save money from some other part

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz
View Post

i will never regret my CHIV . go for it and save money from some other part

But you use 5870s. I refuse to use anything but Nvidia, so is the CHIV really for me?

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grissecon
View Post

But you use 5870s. I refuse to use anything but Nvidia, so is the CHIV really for me?

Yeah it sure is Mr. Fanboy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

Yeah it sure is Mr. Fanboy.

I'll admit to being a fanboy, but I do prefer the CUDA + PhysX support even if somewhat limited. I prefer power and a little extra heat over conservative strength in the name of power saving that AMD tipically will give you from their cards.

Anyway. Does anyone know if the SLI hack has been confirmed on the Crosshair IV? If so, then I'd love the extra PCI-e bandwidth and gladly pay the extra $100+.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, true. I think I'll just go with the Crosshair IV and get the 480. If I can get the SLI hack to work, then I'll get another 480.

Thanks, everybody!

(Sorry for the idiotic logic as far as the PSU goes. I just prefer replacing mobos over PSUs, dunno why)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts