Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, forgive me if my question is noob, but I have the oppertunity to pick up a a Sabertooth 990FX for 150$, the board is in great shape.

I'm wondering if I'll see any benefits when it comes to overclocking compared to my existing board, which is very mid tier.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
you might see a bit better overclocking results..the sabertooth has an 8+1 or 8+2 power phasing vs the lesser power phasing on the m5a99x evo r2.0. if you can sell the m5a99x evo r2.0 and get almost all your money back then it would be worthwhile

·
Living life! Twice IfIHv2
3,468 Posts
Depending on what your wanting to do with it, it would be a nice upgrade. But $150 isnt far from what I gave for the one I had new.

• Rep+
Reactions: doritos93

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking at retail and it's about 220. I saw the board and it's in great condition. The owner doesn't seem like the overclocking type so I assume it was used stock.

I thought 150 would be fair

·
Living life! Twice IfIHv2
3,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos93 View Post

I'm looking at retail and it's about 220. I saw the board and it's in great condition. The owner doesn't seem like the overclocking type so I assume it was used stock.

I thought 150 would be fair
Well granted I purchased it a little over 2 years ago. But, guess I got a good deal. Well as already mentioned, its a better board for overclocking, if your wanting to push your setup OC-wise its a really nice mainboard. I ran it in the "old game rig" in my sig below.

• Rep+

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
saberkitty is a good upgrade from your present board, i had your board but the rev 1 version...it ws throttling @4.9ghz

on saberkitty i run up to 5.2 benching with no problems

• Rep+

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great thanks for the feedback guys, REPs all around.

I'm gonna sell my current board for about 100$ because the guy who sold it to me didn't tell me that the onboard audio was messed up (keeps getting "disconnected" and "reconnected"). I had to buy an ASUS Xonar DG so I'll sell both together for 100$, I think that's a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts