Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freeflushots
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for people using the first PCI-E 1x slot just above the first PCI-E 16x on the UD5P. I recently went CF and my second GPU is millimeters away from my soundcard which sits in the bottom most PCI slot.

Preferably I am looking to move to a PCI-E soundcard to solve this hot situation (pun intended). Please post your pics or suggestions as I will use a lot of the information here to facilitate a sale/trade thread. THANKS!

·
Freeflushots
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicamaster3
View Post

To be honest, what's wrong with integrated audio? With a nice CPU a good chipset like from the UD5P will perform pretty well for you!

Everything. I would prefer a non-integrated solution.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Interesting -- as a gamer I use my integrated chip and it is a wonder, handled 7.1 surround sound beautifully. Anyway -- there are PCI soundblasters out there that get the job done pretty well, just make sure that the bus will be able to handle high-bitrate sound (as well as Lossless), as the PCI bus is pretty... well, slow.

·
Freeflushots
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicamaster3
View Post

Interesting -- as a gamer I use my integrated chip and it is a wonder, handled 7.1 surround sound beautifully. Anyway -- there are PCI soundblasters out there that get the job done pretty well, just make sure that the bus will be able to handle high-bitrate sound (as well as Lossless), as the PCI bus is pretty... well, slow.

Looking for PCI-E and I already own a X-Fi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts