642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna buy a macbook 13ich white<br>
but will i be able to do video editing on it?<br>
better than mac mini?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I am a fan of macs and ur right for buying a mac. Well the macbook i beleve will be more powerfull than a mac mini. Don't quote me on this but that is my opinion. Do u think u can buy a mac book pro.<br><br>
Edit: i was wrong. I read something in macworld magazine it said this a macbook is basically the same as the mac book pro the only difference is the look and the addition of a real GPU. I think the mini doesn't have discrete graphics either. So u will have to either go with an IMAC or a macbook pro. because u need the GPU to do video editing.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no<br>
its way out of my range<br>
im doing a little video editing for school thats it<br>
not professional editing<br>
mostly the macbook is light<br>
and duo core!!!<br>
if im not wrong you can install windows on it

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Don't buy one now, They will be releasing the new ones with Merom soon (Before Christmas I am guessing)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>dani</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">no<br>
its way out of my range<br>
im doing a little video editing for school thats it<br>
not professional editing<br>
mostly the macbook is light<br>
and duo core!!!<br>
if im not wrong you can install windows on it</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Yup, You can install windows and linux and have OS X

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will they be more expensive<br>
because my top is 1100$

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>BenHagerty</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Don't buy one now, They will be releasing the new ones with Merom soon (Before Christmas I am guessing)</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
They won't. They'll only put it in the MacBook Pro, the to MacBook. Buy the MaCBook now, it won't be updated for a while...unless Apple has something hidden up their sleve

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any places cheaper then apple store??<br>
it can be shipping

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>dani</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">any places cheaper then apple store??<br>
it can be shipping</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Maybe a refurb' from Apples website? Thats as cheap as they get. Apple's refurb's have AMAZING quality. I got a refurb iPod shuffle and it looked and work just like a new one. All thats missing is the origional box which really doesn't matter to me because it will get trashed anyways.<br><br>
EDIT: This as cheap as I could find<br><a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6894001/wo/JF7eY9TQzQ9Z3YMAq3PS4g1OiR9/2.0.0.21.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.1.1.1.5.1.0.5.0" target="_blank">http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....1.1.5.1.0.5.0</a>

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i might be getting this <a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6754002/wo/bG7zYVUF4c2Z314GDPEeqpsb404/4.0.0.21.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.1.1.1.5.1.1.5.0" target="_blank">http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....1.1.5.1.1.5.0</a>

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
by the way in my school we use emacs fir video editing

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I don't really like the 2GHz/512Mb combo...<br><br>
I'd buy 2gb separately (a lot cheaper) (or 1gb to keep costs down) and just keep a 1.83GHz cpu...<br><br>
BTW Merom won't be _that_ much better than Yonah. Don't get overexcited...just buy now.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
yeah man i heard on alotof podcasts they say do this. But a macbook with as little ram as u possibly can and then buy some 3rd party ram and put it in. it shall work great. Although i recommend 2gb if ur goin to be doing any type of virtualization. Wow LA is mad lucky to be using macs for video editing. If an emac works for u a macbook would totally be great.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what kind of memory does it use ???<br />
and how to i install it?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
i think it's ddr667 i think not sure. Well since apple rules they made the upgrade so easy it's not even funny. U take the battery out " the macbook has to be flipped over" Then on the left side of the opening u will be able to pull out the HDD and on the top side is the memory. U know when u install a cpu into a socket that lever. That's what u have to pull to the left and the memory will pop out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
isnt it like ddr2 that the website info

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
yeah it's ddr2 667mhz

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
i'm lookin at the apple store and when u buy a macbook u need to get a 100gb HD or atleast an 80gb not a 60 and u definatly need 1gb of ram that's what OSX needs to run. 512mb will be suck a lagging computer

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Metalica732</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I am a fan of macs and ur right for buying a mac. Well the macbook i beleve will be more powerfull than a mac mini. Don't quote me on this but that is my opinion. Do u think u can buy a mac book pro.<br><br>
Edit: i was wrong. I read something in macworld magazine it said this a macbook is basically the same as the mac book pro the only difference is the look and the addition of a real GPU. I think the mini doesn't have discrete graphics either. So u will have to either go with an IMAC or a macbook pro. because u need the GPU to do video editing.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
no you dont need a good video card for video editing at all, anything will work, its all about ram, hdd and processor for video editing<br><br>
and get an external hdd for video projects, simply said

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
sure man w/e u say.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts