Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Apple is in talks to acquire German luxury television manufacturer Loewe, according to an unconfirmed report from AppleInsider. The site claims Apple has offered €87.3 million for the company, a 48% premium from Loewe's Friday close on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.415
Quote:
Word of the negotiations was exclusively revealed to AppleInsider, and although the offer has yet to be accepted, a source claims that Loewe "has been advised by its financial advisor to accept the offer and a final decision is scheduled to be announced internally before 18 May 2012."
Source

Now that is a nice looking HDTV...

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post

Not sure how well an Apple branded TV would sell.
You can't really take it out in public to show it off...
Agreed.
Though that TV looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well that means pretty soon apple will try and sue tv manufactures also for colors and other things the attempt to patent lol

There are other nice looking tvs out there just most people will not spend the money but I guess this is handed down from the heavens because it is apple.

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
Quote:

LOL. Headshot.

In all honesty, the upcoming apple sets will probably dominate the TV market and turn manufacturers from that of nomadic tribes with hordes of options/confusing specs to a unified front. Which in the end, competition is better for the consumer.

Actual set looks OK but that base is meh.

·
Registered
286 Posts
LOL.

Do you guys even know how expensive LOEWE makes their TVs?
Imagine a 32" TV that costs 2500€ and more... that's the cheapest model :-D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Quote:

No, but I'm sure they will tweet and post how amazing it is. Hold on, "Let me me just take out my iPhone."
wink.gif

I dream of the day when Americans stop being consumerist pigs. Don't even get me started how this is also 'christian' behavior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerrick View Post

No, but I'm sure they will tweet and post how amazing it is. Hold on, "Let me me just take out my iPhone."
wink.gif

I dream of the day when Americans stop being consumerist pigs. Don't even get me started how this is also 'christian' behavior.
You know, back before I gave Apple a shot I was as narrow minded as you guys. Not every Apple owner is buying their products to showoff. I personally have a Macbook for my laptop and a pc for my desktop. To me the mac os and track pad are just perfect for a laptop. Just because it doesn't have all the hardware, doesn't mean it isn't worth the premium price... I'd pay the extra premium for the trackpad alone as for some reason other companies just don't seem to get how to make one. Apple bashing seems to be the theme on this board, which I understand since most people here are about hardware.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Quote:

I'm sure it'll have a FB app so all of the hipsters can share what they just watched on their Apple TV.
smile.gif

Anyhoo, I thought something like this was in the works, with the advancement of Apple TV--it was only a natural product progression for Apple TV to integrate into an actual display (especially with how many "smart" TVs there are these days). For the purchase price of the company, looks like a pretty good deal for Apple assuming that the TV tech isn't crap.

·
Registered
675 Posts
They'll throw in the iPad hardware, and give it a motion sensor, then they will charge the price of the TV + (iPad x 2) Then re-sell it as the iMacXL or something like the MacMega/MegaMac or iTV.
rolleyes.gif

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcquist View Post

You know, back before I gave Apple a shot I was as narrow minded as you guys. Not every Apple owner is buying their products to showoff. I personally have a Macbook for my laptop and a pc for my desktop. To me the mac os and track pad are just perfect for a laptop. Just because it doesn't have all the hardware, doesn't mean it isn't worth the premium price... I'd pay the extra premium for the trackpad alone as for some reason other companies just don't seem to get how to make one. Apple bashing seems to be the theme on this board, which I understand since most people here are about hardware.
I think most people here on OCN are more mad that Apple releases a product and its "revolutionary" even though many others have done it before. It's like it sent from heaven above because Apple did it.
Also the extremely high price compared to what you get.

Oh, and I own a iPhone 4, I love my phone, but it is so overpriced it's not even funny compared to HTC/Samsung/Nokia etc.

I think Apple would have made a lot more money if they where offering similar prices to every other brand (that goes for all their products).

·
OCN vet
1,850 Posts
Quote:

people would start taking their TVs to starbucks and watch it while they have a mocha coffee

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
That TV doesn't even look that nice.

Would rather have one of the new ultra-slim Samsung or LG TVs.

The only good thing I can see coming out of this would be retina display TVs from Apple forcing Samsung/LG to increase the resolution on their sets too.

Can't wait to see the fanboys out in force... "I insert a DVD and press play and it just works!"

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xILukasIx View Post

LOL.

Das German, I'd expect nothing less

·
Super Moderator
14,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xILukasIx View Post

LOL.
Sounds like Apple products
laugher.gif

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I could see them improving their iMac's using this technology. iMacs are insanely popular in graphic design studios... I used to work for a web design company, and Macs > Traditional PCs... although the Macs dual booted
wink.gif

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcquist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerrick View Post

wink.gif

I'm not a fan of Apple but I do still own an iPod and for my graphic design, I have always wanted a MacBook Pro etc but the £900 price tag is out of my league so the cheaper but high spec laptop is my option. I can't justify £900 for the MacBook, God only knows how they will most likely justify the hefty price tag for Apple TV sets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts