Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post

Modular Sensors, modular and adjustable scroll wheel click force
Man, that's such a good idea. Being able to completely customize the sensor and scroll wheel is a really appealing concept to me. But, as always, the shape just kills it for me.

Can you imagine if a Wheel Mouse Optical-shaped mouse allowed you to get your hands dirty on the same level? Move the scroll wheel forward and back, replace the switches on the buttons when they died, switch out sensors...that would be amazing.

I'm wondering how the modular sensors thing is going to work, though. As far as I know, there are a lot of factors such as MCU that affect compatibility. Not sure if this'll work with as broad a range of sensors as we may like, but still a cool idea nonetheless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
I've googled for pictures of this mouse and while I've found some, I still can't figure out how exactly it looks. Flashy logos, promotional statements, stickers, dubstep, Monster Drink, hydraulic hoses, exhaust pipes -- where's the mouse?

Is this it?

Mad-Catz-R.A.T.-PROX-1.jpg


What the hell is this goddamn thing. If I set out to design a parody of modern gaming mice, that's exactly how it would look, complete with that logo:

3IRYsvc.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erecshyrinol View Post

3IRYsvc.jpg
lachen.gif


I swear, the idea would be awesome if it was just in a different shell. R.A.T. mice have always looked and felt awful to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erecshyrinol View Post

I've googled for pictures of this mouse and while I've found some, I still can't figure out how exactly it looks. Flashy logos, promotional statements, stickers, dubstep, Monster Drink, hydraulic hoses, exhaust pipes -- where's the mouse?

Is this it?

Mad-Catz-R.A.T.-PROX-1.jpg


What the hell is this goddamn thing. If I set out to design a parody of modern gaming mice, that's exactly how it would look, complete with that logo:

3IRYsvc.jpg
+rep
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
I never like the look of the RAT series but the grip is still one of the best. This one looks even worse...
Happy they come w/ a module mouse. Weight is a really a problem here, we will see. Very nice the right mouse button is now the same length like the left.

I will buy it, as soon as they will be available. And of course I will buy it w/ PTE Sensor
wink.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

I never like the look of the RAT series but the grip is still one of the best. This one looks even worse...
I actually like it, its full on ******, not just halfway ******, also nice to see some different colours, it has some kind of Sports shoes look which i kind of approve.

 

·
- Insanity Beckons -
Joined
·
4,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

I will buy it, as soon as they will be available. And of course I will buy it w/ PTE Sensor
wink.gif
I just worry about the design of this mouse where every 'nook and cranny' can easily be filled with dust and dead skin particles fairly quickly. NEVER buy one second hand unless you want to spend lots of time taking it all apart for a specialized clean.

Terrible design having all it's internals exposed like that because eventually when it all fills up with gunk, I suspect it will start to fail when used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Terrible design having all it's internals exposed like that because eventually when it all fills up with gunk, I suspect it will start to fail when used.
That might be true for the mousewheel, but everything else was and apparently is still "sealed".

What i would really like to know is where the "Brain" is located, if it is in the swappable sensor Box, or the Mouse itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

I only could imagine it is in the sensor box. Would make more sense to me because you only have the connections to the wheel and buttons. And that is fix.
The thing is both solutions would make sense, but i think there wouldnt be enough space for it with the 3310 version of the sensormodule, also your macros and settings would disappear when switching sensormodule. The only question right now is, what about the switches? Would be cool if you can just easily remove the buttons to replace them but i guess that is asking for too much, while at the same time it would kinda gimp the concept if you can buy a new mouse or RMA because of switch failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

It is for shure a third thumb button.
*Optimist mode on*

Maybe its just a rubber inlay for easier lifting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

That might be true for the mousewheel, but everything else was and apparently is still "sealed".

What i would really like to know is where the "Brain" is located, if it is in the swappable sensor Box, or the Mouse itself.
Here is how one of the swappable sensors looks like


And here is how it connects to the base of the mouse (I think):


As for me, RAT Pro X doesn't look appealing. It's just too flashy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torongo View Post

Here is how one of the swappable sensors looks like

As for me, RAT Pro X doesn't look appealing. It's just too flashy.
That would be rather cramped, but its possible to fit everything in there. As for being flashy i can imagine it getting released in different colours like always, wouldnt be surprising imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

The more expensive models of the RAT Series have always a third thumb button. So imo it is very presumably.
Probably, if so i hope it can be replaced with a dummy.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

Probably, if so i hope it can be replaced with a dummy.


Looks like the thumb sits right on top of that button...
I too hope it can be replaced with some sort of dummy switch or just something that doesn't move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
God if that mouse is the green one IDK what to even say to that. I mean I'm OK with gaudy and vulgar designs but this is completely uninspired and just plain ugly. Who is this mouse being designed for? Don't their top-of-the-line mice go for over $100 USD?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top