Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I still need to take some photos of the workshop, but this is for whoever asked if I keep the factory fans I remove from cases... This is just personal inventory at the workshop

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you for commenting @skedda

As promised, I'm ditching the scoop on the scale V8 and making the Scott Superslot fuel injector scoop from Max's V8. I started by makingthe top and bottom portions from acrylic, but getting the 45 angle degree bend from acrylic is "challenging" without the acrylic warping. I ditched that idea and made another bottom half from 20 gauge sheet metal. Which reminded me I really need a new bending brake. The two pieces are joined together with Scotchweld DP-190 epoxy. I need to make the base next, and maybe add the fuel lines.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
details, details, am I right? Max's V8 Scoop done, Everything on the engine needs to be painted Dark Silver Aluminum

·
NOT new to O/C
160 Posts
Phenominal work Bill, what a great thread/project to follow, thanks for sharing with us. Can't wait to see the finished product!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No progress to share today, but my friend Stu came by to share his Dota 2 PC build. A combination of a scratch build and PC case mod. He used Fractal Design's NODE 304 as the core inside this amazing wood crafted treasure chest,

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looking good Bill!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Subbed, this looks amazing, i love the attention to detail!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My apologies for the lack of updates. I've had to start another project build for a client. Paying gigs keep the lights on, so Max will need to temporarily park the Falcon. I may bring it out and share a new update for mental break if time allows. I will be starting a worklog for this new build once the NDA is lifted, I think it will be a real spectacle once it's finished.

·
WaterCooler & Case Modder
332 Posts
This looks awesome. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you for being patient with me. I had to pause progress so i could get the exodus pc finished in time for their launch and currently working build for DiRT Rally 2.0 giveaway. Once thats finished, I can hopefully (sigh) get back to this project. Personal projects always get halted so I can pay the bills.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Took everything out last night to re-evaluate where I left off on this project. The last stage was mounting the EK reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks in Max's Interceptor. I'm debating about making a roof line over the middle section of the case or hood with blower cut-out to cover the front. I know either would involve several hours of trial and error fitting. That time could be re-focused on progression of other thing on the build. That's a perfect example of being a victim to your own project scope creep.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts