Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally got this wee fella built. Took a lot of messing around, I'm not used to the heatsink arrangement but I am ok with it now. Anyway, earlier today I fried something - temperatures went 90+

So I removed the heatsink, replaced with some AS5 that I found, reseatedth heatsink and temps are now at about 36c idle. Everything went tits up when I started overclocking, mainly because I don't know what to do with Intels.

I OC'd my cpu to 2.6ghz first, did it in linked mode. Wasn't entirely sure what I was doing, was just having a dabble. When I started going up I got to what I remember was 2.9ghz and thats when things went mental.

So after the remedial work I reset the CMOS and started again, currently I'm at 2.7ghz and temps are as stated above 36c idle. FSB is at 1200mhz and my multiplier is a X9 - How the hell does that make 2.7ghz? Please someone explain how Intel speeds work.

I find the BIOS difficult to work, my RAM speed is now 900mhz - AMD was just a case of raise the memory and watch the core rise.

Unsure really of what needs doing next. Voltages are stock, except memory whihc was raised to 2.1v to meet the spec. What kind of voltage increase would I be needing for a stable 3ghz and also what speed would be recommended to hit to be within optimal running so as to not bottleneck the GPU?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here's the current standing after a bit of messing around, is that a half decent Super PI score?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts