Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran benchmark with pyshiX on and i got 11fps only compared with PyshiX off
50.4fps.

why it has a really huge difference with pyshix on and offf?

my setting is maxed out
with resolution 1920x1080

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
The game looks different when explosions happen, or when the side of a wall is shot at with PhysX on/off, etc.

Really its for the very minute details, an explosion is an explosion.

If you have good enough cards then go ahead and turn it on, if not there isn't much use for it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
well for one, you dont have a dedicated physx card, which means all the physx processing is done by the CPU. that puts a lot more stress on it. and two, its just eye candy really, sure it makes explosions look better, but its just a game, you dont NEED super detailed explosions...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I might not be exactly correct but I assume it is because AMD/ATI GPU's (if you are using your 5850) don't really support Physx, its kinda exclusive only to NVIDIA GPU's.

I think that if you pick up a cheap dedicated Physx card like a GT 240, you will get much better framerates.

Also from what i've seen the Physx in that game only makes clothes move and there are more particle effects.

EDIT: if you still want to turn on Physx and don't mind some minor effects taken out (some don't even make a visual difference to the game but still stresses the GPU) then you can tweak the Physx settings with this guide: http://physxinfo.com/news/3628/mafia...x-performance/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts