Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the atmosphere.
How they recreated '40s Nu Yawk is amazing.

Character graphics are probably the best yet.

awesome, iam still at the beginning, tho.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I said the same thing. Until I got to the 12th mission and all I did the entire game was drive around and do pointless boring tasks. Like selling cigarettes out of a truck. HOW FUN /sarcasm I didn't even bother to finish the game, huge let down
I thought there was going to be many more exciting incidents and fire fights. There are barely any firefights and you barely have any shoot outs.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nvidiagamer
View Post

I said the same thing. Until I got to the 12th mission and all I did the entire game was drive around and do pointless boring tasks. Like selling cigarettes out of a truck. HOW FUN /sarcasm I didn't even bother to finish the game, huge let down
I thought there was going to be many more exciting incidents and fire fights. There are barely any firefights and you barely have any shoot outs.

^ keep playing the game

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van
View Post

^ keep playing the game

Doesn't get any different then what he posted :/

Glad I didn't have to buy it at least.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I dunno, I want to keep playing as I don't like not finishing a game. I just can't do it. I don't see it getting any different. I don't just one more mission where yes it's a shootout. The whole game should have been like the demo. Unfortunately, it's not.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
The story leaves much to be desired. It's half finished, which you'll find out when you get to the end, and I have a feeling this is 100% to push DLC.

I agree on the bits you mentioned, though.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The animations were good.
It has a couple of surprises in the game (which I won't ruin for others).

It's one of the better games out there

·
god loves ugly
4,212 Posts
I liked it quite a bit, but I also have some complaints. First of all, the length. It ended too abruptly. Secondly, I didn't like being the only person doing the driving. In GTA, this isn't too big of a deal because short of killing somebody, you can drive however you want. The requirement of following traffic laws to a certain extent in Mafia 2 didn't help the immersion for me, it just served as an annoyance. If they didn't want you riding in the car with AI, then use transitions/cutscenes to reduce the amount of driving required.

Overall, I liked it. It could definitely be better, but I found it to be quite good.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I loved it, the city the car models, charachter models, everything is just great. I also love the driving.. i wish there was like a race track or something where you could race... That would be amazing!

·
Registered
716 Posts
6/10. Like no replay value after I finished the game. The only thing enjoyed about the game was the characters (except Vito). The story... well, when I got to the end, I raged. After you beat it there is no feeling of wanting to play again not even the DLC.

Didn't buy the game though, (whew...) and thank goodness for Gamefly.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockedge
View Post

6/10. Like no replay value after I finished the game. The only thing enjoyed about the game was the characters (except Vito). The story... well, when I got to the end, I raged. After you beat it there is no feeling of wanting to play again not even the DLC.

Didn't buy the game though, (whew...) and thank goodness for Gamefly.

Its no surprise people on this site are selling their keys for $15, as eVGA is giving this game away. I didn't like any of the characters. Vito had no motive (besides greed I guess) for his actions, unlike Niko from GTA4, and is completely unlikeable and unrepeatable. Just a horrible protagonist.

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
I loved it also, great atmosphere, story, everything. I was really disappointed when it ended.

I wish it was more free-roam though, instead of having to do whatever you want DURING a mission.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
I'm personally really enjoying it. I've only ever beat 2 games EVER in my lifetime, and this is going to be my third game to finish all the way. Yes, its a linear story, and it probably doesn't have much replay value. No multiplayer is a fairly big let down, but I'm still enjoying the story.

And the PhysX effects are decent enough (I have just the cloth PhysX enabled on my sig, runs flawlessly). Not worth buying a dedicated card for it, but worth mentioning.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadSoul View Post
I really love the atmosphere.
How they recreated '40s Nu Yawk is amazing.

Character graphics are probably the best yet.

awesome, iam still at the beginning, tho.
Whatever dude. I just completed it the first day it was released

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

I'm personally really enjoying it. I've only ever beat 2 games EVER in my lifetime, and this is going to be my third game to finish all the way. Yes, its a linear story, and it probably doesn't have much replay value. No multiplayer is a fairly big let down, but I'm still enjoying the story.

And the PhysX effects are decent enough (I have just the cloth PhysX enabled on my sig, runs flawlessly). Not worth buying a dedicated card for it, but worth mentioning.

Wow, either you are very young, or give up too easily. Ive beaten hundreds, probably thousands, of video games >.>

1 - 20 of 45 Posts